Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Responsibility/Behavior Chart

We have a magnetic board with responsibilities and behavior goals. If she fills the week, she gets a special treat.

Anyone else doing this?

DD doesn't really get it yet but we just started it a couple days ago. 

Re: Responsibility/Behavior Chart

• Options
    nope, but it sounds like a great idea!
  • Options
    We have one, but I'm really sporadic about following up with it.  Terrible, I know.
    Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have the Melissa & Doug one but I haven't gotten it out for the boys yet.

Frankly they do GREAT with pretty much any "chore" I ask of them (they clean up, put their dishes in the dish washer, help with laundry, help me cook even!).

I think I'm going to hold off on a chart type thing until they get to the point that it's no longer "cool' to be a helper.  Right now a high five, nucks, or verbal praise seem to be working well and I'm in the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" camp when it comes to these guys.

I think my oldest may never need a tool like this.

My youngest?  God help us.  He's defiant for sport so it's only a matter of time before he defies requests for simple chores and then we'll need a tool like this.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    My plan has been to start this at age 3...which is in a couple months.  I think I might give it a trial, very soon.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagehowleyshell:

Frankly they do GREAT with pretty much any "chore" I ask of them (they clean up, put their dishes in the dish washer, help with laundry, help me cook even!).

I think I'm going to hold off on a chart type thing until they get to the point that it's no longer "cool' to be a helper.  

Ditto

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It's not the chore issue we are using it for but more for behavior.  Like going to bed without a battle or crying.  Finishing dinner without a battle or getting down from the table before she's done.  No hitting.  No whining.

Etc. 

She does chores very well.  This is more for her behavior and to show her that behaving nicely has it's rewards and perks.

• Options
    We don't, but it's something I'd really like to try. More for behavior than chores. We have a really tough time with ss going back and fourth between our house and his moms.
  • Options
    I think this is a great idea and my neighbor is doing it with her almost-3 year old son and is having success with it.  The items on the chart are picking up toys / no fight at bath time/bed time, mostly behavioral rather than chores.  I think I am going to make one for my daughter, getting her ready in the morning can be a battle sometimes so that would definitely be a chart/reward item in my house!
  • Options

We do and it works great!  I bought the Melissa & Doug board from Amazon and it is awesome.  My DD really wants the prize each week so she works hard to complete her tasks.

She even gets a kick out of putting the magnet next to her chore each day.  We update the board before bedtime each night. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"