Two Under 2

Enough with the stroller posts!!!!

I would love to spend more time on this board but I don't because all the stroller talk dominates this whole board, its in every other poast.  I think there needs to be a board just for stroller talk.  When you are getting ready to have 2u2, a freaking double stroller should be the VERY least of your worries.  Am I alone here?

FLAME AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Enough with the stroller posts!!!!

• Prob not alone, but I don't agree with you. You are welcome to post about whatever you want : )

• While I agree that people need to scroll down and read old posts before posting the.very.same.question.over.and.over, I think your post is a little harsh. Many of us asking the stroller questions are, as you so accurately point out, "getting ready to have 2u2," something that can be very overwhelming. While you might think that a double stroller should be the least of my worries, I'm not going to hesitate to ask for advice from experienced moms before I go out and spend $400+ on equipment for my 2u2. Begin able to come here and get advice from moms who have "been there, done that," is invaluable - regardless of whether the advice is about specific gear, preparation for or advice about 2u2. And I appreciate all the moms who have so graciously answered my questions.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It's really not that hard to just ignore them if they bother you. Honestly there are plenty of threads about other things, and of course about 10 million other boards you can spend time on if the stroller talk is simply too much...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hey strollers are important! Def with 2u2! I couldnt survive without mine! ;)
  • imageRach03k:

It's really not that hard to just ignore them if they bother you. Honestly there are plenty of threads about other things, and of course about 10 million other boards you can spend time on if the stroller talk is simply too much...

I agree. I think its one of the first things moms are pg with #2 think about buying bc its a piece of equipment they dont have and they are usually pricey. So they need opinions.

PLus I think stroller shopping is fun, and dont mind in the least talking about it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel like we need a FAQ link for stroller recommendations.  That way we could just refer people to that for the general double stroller questions. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageariel06:

I feel like we need a FAQ link for stroller recommendations.  That way we could just refer people to that for the general double stroller questions. 

I think this is a great idea. Other boards have "sticky" posts at the top - I think the photography board does in fact. I bet we could make our own "Stroller Advice" post, and a mod would make it sticky for us. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • It doesn't bother me much (don't like subject, don't read post) but I do find it curious that every third post on this board is concerning strollers.  Weird.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageRach03k:
    imageariel06:

I feel like we need a FAQ link for stroller recommendations.  That way we could just refer people to that for the general double stroller questions. 

I think this is a great idea. Other boards have "sticky" posts at the top - I think the photography board does in fact. I bet we could make our own "Stroller Advice" post, and a mod would make it sticky for us. 

This exactly.  I'm one of the ones asking and it would be great to have it all in one place, cause I don't even know where to start.  And I even agree, there are a lot of stroller posts, but at $400, like pp said, I want some input from someone experienced!

• I totally agree. My favorite is the generic "what double stroller should I buy?" post. If you want opinions/reviews on strollers, every site that sells them has 100 and they all contradict each other, same as the posts here.
    imageimage
  • We have a FAQ on the crafts board over on the nest for all the "recommend a sewing machine" questions. We all just started collecting the posts and made one big long one that the mod put at the top for us.
  • Yea, get over it.  That is the whole point of these message boards...TO SEEK ADVICE!  Some people dont spend hours upon hours on this thing and really have no idea as to how many times people post about strollers.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • imageariel06:

Great idea!

I too, don't post much on this board because all people ever want to talk about it strollers. Not the end of the world but I'd rather hang out on another board where I don't have to see all the stroller posts =)

• If you're going to bash stroller posts, can't we really put 95% of all posts on this board into 4 catagories?
    1.  strollers
    2.  freaking out b/c I'm pregnant/taking baby time from older DC
    3.  Is it really that hard having 2u2?
    4.  Monitors for 2 babies

I skip what I want, and read what I want.  A lot of them start to sound the same, but I"m not goign to flame anyone for it.  Its a place for everyone to speak their mind/ask their questions!

• With that attitude, its cool you dont post here more often.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"