Pennsylvania Babies

Lancaster ~ Gyms w/childcare?

Does anyone go to one and love it? Just looking for some input:) Childcare is a must(i.e. planet fitness is out) and Yoga and some sort of dance-ish fitness classes are a plus.

On the list:

-Universal

-Gold's

-YMCA

-LA Fitness

Love/hate? anything I should add?

Re: Lancaster ~ Gyms w/childcare?

• I go to the LA Fitness in Camp Hill. I love it. They're all newer so everything is nice and well maintained and they have a really nice pool.  The childcare hours could be better but I don't work not so they work - I just work around them (they're 8a-12p and 4p-8p M-F and 8-12 on Saturday at my location...I would have loved to go earlier before work but I used to work at 7 and my regular daycare didn't open until 6:45). There's never a lot of kids in there which I love. When I was at the Y on a Saturday morning (DS was in swim class and I was checking out the daycare thinking about switching to there), it was packed and parents were waiting to get their kids in because it was full.

The only reason I would really like to go to the Y is because then I could just swim with DS. We have a neighbor with a pool and we'll just keep taking him to swim class once in awhile. 

• dh and I are signing up for universal since he gets to join free due to his job and I get a discount. We live kind of far from the gym so i wasn't so sure I wanted to actually join there myself, but when I discovered they have circuit training (women only), which I LOVE, plus with a membership you can use childcare while you are getting spa services done too. I decided there was no question about it. I told him I will spend most of my days there between working out, going to the pool or hot tub, and getting pedi's all while not having to worry about getting a babysitter.

If you join there let me know. I could use a workout buddy!

Miscarriage/D&E 10w6d 10/3/14 (baby's heart stopped beating)

Ectopic Pregnancy discovered @ 10 weeks 5/6/14 (Lost right tube and ovary)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Miscarriage @ 9 weeks 11/9/08

• Loading the player...
  • I'm Sherri, I'm usually on the adoption board, but thought I'd check out the local group here. I go to universal too, ever take any group classes? I take Step & Pump.
    BM to Kenzie 9/1/04 --- Married 1/22/09 --- Me 27 - DH 25 --- TTC our first since April 2010 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"