Florida Babies

thoughts on diaper rash and breastfeeding

does anyone know if or believe that diaper rash can be caused by certain foods eaten by a nursing mother?  i do not know for sure but my mother in law (who btw did not breastfeed) seems to think it does.  my son's bottom is not bad, i tend to think it's the humidity since when we traveled to VA recently it all but disappeared. 

Re: thoughts on diaper rash and breastfeeding

• I think so - if you eat something spicy or strong it can affect your breastmilk, which in turn can affect their stools.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think if you eat something that causes diarrhea in the baby, he could get the diaper rash from the diarrhea. There's other direct relations between what you eat and how the baby responds (gas, etc.) but I think the diaper rash would be more of an indirect cause. 
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DD was EBF until she had solids at 4 months.  She had some degree of diaper rash until she started eating cereal/solids.  My pedi said that is usually the case with young infants.  The stool is so thin, runny and then breaks down the skin.  And some foods really upset her more than others.  Now, it is rare that she has any diaper rash - she gets BM 90% of the time and formula the other 10%, plus solid meals 3x/day.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"