Two Under 2

Yikes, I might be having another one!

Hi everyone,

I'm a Mom to almost 10 month old DS and may be preggo with #2.  My period is one week late and two tests later, I'm still getting a positive result.  Eeek!!!!

I'm not counting my chickens yet, but wanted to ask you all whether having 2 under 2 is a real struggle for you?  I work fulltime and would like to continue doing so if this pregnancy pans out, but is that realistic?

TIA :)

Photobucket Follow my journey into raising two babies using all natural products on my blog and on Twitter - mynaturalbaby.

Re: Yikes, I might be having another one!

• congrats! ours will be 18 mo apart too, we are excited!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're just about to have 2u2, and I work full time. We are moving across the country this summer so I won't be going right back to work, but otherwise I would have gone back after 8 weeks of maternity leave. I'm actually more nervous about being home with 2u2 than I would be about going back to work! ;-) 
    Wife, mom, attorney, blogger, runner - trying to learn to love all the good things in life!!
    "It's not a sprint, it's a marathon." - Alex & Ani bracelet
    My blog: Dodging Acorns
  • Loading the player...
  • I foud out I was pregnant when #1 was 11 months and I cried for a week.  I wasn't worried about the struggle as much as I felt like I was robbing my son of his babyhood.  I felt horribly guilty.  But I have to say that is was all for nothing.  My son was young enough at 19 months that he adapted really easily and LOVES his baby brother.  And for me I have been lucky because #2 is a REALLY good baby.  He sleeps and is just a calm little guy who goes with the flow.  Ofcourse it has it's hard moments where is gets a little overwhelming... but so did having one baby at times too.  Congrats and Good Luck!! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • our kids will be 14 months apart & i fully intend on going back to work FT after another 16 week maternity leave. good luck!
  • Congrats!!

I plan on returning to work full time after this LO comes- DS will be 19 mos old when the baby comes.  I'm nervous, but more excited to expand our family.  I imagine we'll have rough times, but we're up for the challenge!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • First, congratulations!

I have always worked FT, DH is a SAHD, so my situation is a bit different. 

DD#1 and DS are 19 months apart and it worked out well for us.  They are now 5 1/2 and almost 4 and play very well together.  It was rough in the beginning when DS needed so much of our attention, but now it is wonderful.

We are hoping to have 1 more and plan to TTC so that we have another 2u2.

DD#1 11/7/04 DS#1 6/24/06 Chemical Pregnancy 6/08 DD#2 1/28/10 after secondary infertility, Clomid, & acupuncture missed m/c 6/2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing @ 5.5) DS born sleeping 1/13/2011 due to cord accident at 22 weeks. DD#3 3/10/2012
  • It will be hard in the beginning, but you will most likely learn to LOVE it...atleast I did...I would do it again in a heartbeat!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • Thanks everyone, it sounds as though it's a matter of just making it work.  I'll definitely be on this board more often now!!
    Photobucket Follow my journey into raising two babies using all natural products on my blog and on Twitter - mynaturalbaby.
  • I work full time with my 2u2! It is hard but I have too!
  • ditto pp - it's harder to stay at home.  I am off on leave through the end of the summer and will be heading back at Labor Day.  There are pros/cons to both SAH and WM but not any harder with 2u2 than otherwise.

We are going to look into a nanny though - the logistics of daycare dropoff and pick up are definitely more complicated with 2u2, especially in winter!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"