Secondary IF

Latest update in my saga!

The RE's office just called.  My OB called them directly with the results of the HSG and sent over the scans. 

The RE doesn't feel that there is an actual blockage per se of the right tube but that there is something impeding the dye from spilling completely.  He said that the tube filled just fine but didn't spill the way they normally like to see.  Left is golden and fine.  He still called them both normal though.

The fragments that were seen in there troubled him though and he wants to do an SHG stat to figure out what they are.  He's hesitant to call them fibroids and believes they are more likely adhesions.  He wants to determine if another resectoscope (?) is necessary and knows that I'd prefer to avoid another surgery.  He said that not all adhesions and fibroids need to be removed and he'd really like to get in there and check it out before moving forward with any decision concerning treatment.

So that's schedule for Thursday since I'm conveniently on birth control pills. 

Please please please pray and think good thoughts that it's A-OK and we can move forward!!! 

Oh and he said that he understands my hesitation to do any extra duplicate testing like this through his office due to cost and he's only going to charge me the cost of the instruments that they use. Yay!

Re: Latest update in my saga!

• Good news on the money as well as them being thorough without requesting anything seeming to be excessive at all.  I continue to wish you the best.
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Excellent news!  Sounds like a good sign for things to come!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm thinking tons of good thoughts for you and really, REALLY hope you can avoid another surgery. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersm/c - 2.25.09, 5w5d; m/c - 9.27.09, 7w0d; m/c - 12.4.09, 6w0d
  • Lots and lots of good thoughts coming your way :)

That's great about the RE only charging for instruments!

• Oh man sweetie!  At least you are getting a price discount.  I will say a prayer for you.  I really hope these "adhesions" are no big deal.  Lets keep hopeful until we know otherwise.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • What great news!  Its nice to hear that they are willing to help you save money.  I'm sending my thoughts and prayers your way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"