New to The Bump
Options

Newbie kindasorta question

I am by no means new to theknot or thenest but to thebump I am brand spankin' new. I have lurked on some boards and some women seem, well, harsh...any advice on how to not ruffle the feathers??

Re: Newbie kindasorta question

• Options

I would say, that just be sure you park yourself in the right board.  DEFINTELY don't go into Trying To Get Pregant with a big "OMG I"M PREGNANT" if you haven't been in there for a little bit, just head right into 1st Trimester or something like that.  Know what I mean?

There is alot of etiquette stuff that goes on that you can't pick up anywhere else and totally depends on the board.  So head into the board you think you'd like to get involved with and lurk for a while, see how everyone interacts with eachother, etc.  After that, tread lightly.  Introduce yourself and your situation and go from there.

Alot of people really appreciate you searching the board for answers to your questions before you post the same question someone posted a couple hours before.

If you're trying to get KU'd alot of people will recommend signing up with Fertility Friend to track your cycle.  It makes keeping track of whats going on in there A LOT easier.  You can sign up by clicking on my signature ticker if thats where you are with your journey.

Hope that sheds a little light.  Most of the women are SUPER nice you just have to jump in and see for yourself!  =]

GL to you!

• Options
    Thanks for asking that question :) I wanted to, but I was too chicken and I totally got my head bit off the first time I posted. I didn't mean to upset anyone! So I share your fear. These boards are so wonderful though, and I feel so grateful to have them (even though I've just been lurking for a bit). It's nice to know we're not alone in the journey. GL and let's keep in touch!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My advice would be to lurk for a little while before posting, to get the feel of the board.  Also, before you ask questions, take a quick look down the page and make sure it wasn't asked an hour before.  :)

image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options

Lurk

Know your audience

Don't be a douche

That usually covers it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"