Secondary IF
Options

Ovarian Hyperstimulation

Anyone ever go through this from the IVF meds? I am currently and am in so much pain from the amount of fluid that is building in my abdomen. Can anyone suggest anything to help?

Re: Ovarian Hyperstimulation

• Options
    I would definitley call your doctor.  I had a mild case during an IUI cycle that ended up getting cancelled. 
  • Options

Hope you get some relief soon!

Best of luck :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Keeping your feet up is the best thing you can do.  My doc also recommends chicken soup---because of the sodium and protein, and gatorade is another popular response.

It got so bad for me that i couldn't stand up straight---at this point I called the doc and they had me come in.  My bloodwork was ok, so i just had to stay off my feet and take the week off of work.

Hope you feel better.  Remember if you gain weight (5 lbs is it?) or have trouble breathing, call them immediately!!!!! 

• Options
    Thank you all. I had already been to the ER and my doctor said that due to the fact that I got pregnant it is going to be real bad for a while. I just wanted to know what I could do to help as I am huge and uncomfortable.
  • Options
    ((((hugs)))))  I hope you feel better soon!!
  • Options
    Hope you start to feel better soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
    TTC #2 since Nov '07
    Tried 4 cycles of Clomid, TI, Gonal-f, and IUI's - all BFFN's
    Both tubes removed Nov '09
    Low AMH = 0.3
    IVF #1 for Feb '10 - cancelled due to poor response - Gonal-f and Repronex
    IVF #1.2 for June '10 - Gonal-f, Menopur, and micro Lupron
    ER - 6/19 (2 retrieved), ET - 6/22 (1 transferred with ICSI), Beta 7/5 = BFFN
    IVF #2 for Nov '10 was cancelled due to poor response - Follistim, Repronex, and micro Lupron
    IVF #2.2 for Feb '11 - Gonal-f, Repronex, and Ganirelix
    ER - 2/24 (8 retrieved), ET - 3/1 (2 transferred with ICSI), froze 3, Beta 3/11 = BFFN
    FET - 4/19 (3 transferred), Beta 4/28 = BFP, EDD 1/4/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"