Baby Showers

work people to my baby shower

In the past the "activities committee" (no I don't work at Dunder Mifflin) here at work have thrown baby showers for expecting staff members. Because of this I haven't invited any co-workers to my regular shower (just family, friends, and neighbors) which is in three weeks. Is it wrong to assume I'll have a separate work shower? Should I invite my immediate co-workers just in case I don't get a work shower?
kolney Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: work people to my baby shower

• If you aren't friends w/ them out of work, no, dont' invite them. Keep personal seperate from work.  Doesn't matter if they throw a work shower or not. 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• If there is a whole committee dedicated to this sort of thing, I would say no.  However, you're never guaranteed anything.  If you have any co-workers that you socialize with on a regular basis outside of work, invite them.  If not, don't.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm friendly with some and invited some to my wedding
    kolney Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I only invited peopel to my shower who I socialize w/ outside of work.  NOT including my wedding.  I dont' feel inviting them to your wedding counts if you never see them outside of work otherwise. 

I jsut personally believe showers are supposed to be for the people who you are relatively close to.  Not every last woman you know.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• If you have friends at work that you hang out with regularly outside of work (go to dinner with, etc.), they should be invited to a personal shower.  Otherwise, they shouldn't be invited, no matter what the work shower situation.

• I had a separate coworker shower for my first DD.

My DD invited coworkers to her shower (just the 3 that she is close to...but only socializes with 1 of them outside of work) and 2 of them came.  Her company did not give automatic showers though.  BTW...these people were also invited to her wedding as well as a few others (and they all came).

If you KNOW they are not doing a work shower, I would invite them, but if they ALWAYS do a work shower then I would not.  If they end up not doing a work shower...then oh well...too bad.  Those people close to you will probably give you a gift anyway even if they are not invited to a shower.

• I wouldn't invite work people to your shower with friends and family. 
  • I just had this happen to me with a coworker.  I was part of throwing her work shower, which was pricey.  On top of that, I was invited to her regular shower, for her 2nd kid.  The first was same gender and 3 years old.  I was quite annoyed considering the $ I had to shell out for the work shower. We do not hang out after work at all.

Had she been an actual friend, I wouldn't have cared.

• i would only invite those who are friends outside of work. no need to overthink it... lol :)
  • Agreed, only if friends outsifde of work, ie would you still be friends with them if you didn't work there.  Otherwise, it looks like you are just fishing for a gift.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageEastCoastBride:

If you aren't friends w/ them out of work, no, dont' invite them. Keep personal seperate from work.  Doesn't matter if they throw a work shower or not. 

I second this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"