North Carolina Babies

Another Maddie Update

This is the latest from Maddie's mom:

"Please continue to pray for Maddie - each day is more difficult than the last for her. The doctors have said that Maddie has the "perfect storm" of AML (1/2 way through chemo), neutropenia, dependency on blood products, and significant heart failure. She continues to have severe nausea and is on tons of meds and morphine."

Neutropenia means that she has zero immune system.

Please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks!

Re: Another Maddie Update

• Sad  Thanks for the update, Speed. I just wish there was better news. Maddie and her family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am so sorry to hear this.  I cannot imagine what her parents and that family is going through. 

Continued thoughts and prayers for them. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Poor Maddie - continued prayers for her!

• It's even more awful because initially she seemed to be responding really well to all the treatments and her prognosis seemed pretty good.  Now everything has just gone in the sh*tter.

I just hope something turns around soon.  Sad  They could use some good news instead of repeated kicks in the crotch.

• I'm so sorry things are going so poorly for her, it's so unfair. She & her family continue to be in my thoughts.
  • Oh no.. :-( I am so sorry there has not been better news. Her family must feel so helpless. She remains in my thoughts and prayers. I definitely pray that she turns a corner very soon.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• I'm so sorry for Maddie and her family. Keeping them all in my T&P!
  • She continues to be in my prayers.  I am hoping for a miracle for their family, this is just too sad :(
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't believe all that she and her family are having to go through. It's heartbreaking that a little girl has to suffer so much. I will continue to pray for them!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So heartbreaking - continued thoughts / prayers for Maddie and her family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My heart goes out to sweet Maddie. :(
  • Oh no! Such sad news. I'm so sorry she and her family are having to go through so much pain and misery. They will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping for MUCH better news very very soon.
  • :(  I'm sorry to hear she's not doing better.  Thoughts and prayers said for her.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am so sorry to hear this...
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Maddie and her family have been on my mind for several days now, and I'm so sad to hear they do not have better news.  They will be in my T&P!
  • I am so so sorry to hear this, my heart is breaking for sweet Maddie and her family. Many continued thoughts and prayers for them.
  • So Sorry to hear this!! THey are in my thoughts and prayers right now and I hope they get soem good news soon cuz they deserve it!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"