Orange County Babies

What's the average cost for a babysitter (at home versus center)?

Good morning ladies!  Do you mind telling me what you're planning on doing for babysitter and what's the average cost / what I should be expecting to pay (in HB / OC area)?

Re: What's the average cost for a babysitter (at home versus center)?

• My sister babysits all the time (I have to book her a couple weeks in advance!). She is 20 years old and in college to become a teacher.  She charges $10 an hour for one child, but could charge more depending on age. I think expecting to pay between $10 and $12 is what the going rate is. Crazy, huh!
  • We're in NOC.  I think average around here for in-home licensed daycare is about $220/week vs. a center at about $260'ish/week.  HTH.
  • Loading the player...
  • By me CM/NB a center is $280-350. Nannies are $10-15 per hour. Just a sitter for a couple of hours is $10-14 ph
  • I live in South OC and a typical in-home daycare is $40/day.  A nanny is about $10-$15/hr.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Our nanny is $12/hour for 1 child, which is right about in the middle of the range.  I live in Central OC, and I would echo the range of $10-15/hour, or more depending on how many children and their ages.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"