Health & Exercise

Exercise and BF. How much is too much?

I'm BF exclusively and want to get back into a regular exercise routine.

Just wondering if too much exercise will affect my supply and if so, how much is too much?

I'm not planning on heaps...probably just brisk walking most days, some toning/strength exercises at home and maybe a dance class once or twice a week.

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

Re: Exercise and BF. How much is too much?

• If you've established a good milk supply I wouldn't worry about exercise getting in the way. And it'd be great to start now just to get back in the swing of things. Your body will adjust. Just make sure to stay hydrated.

I think you have a great plan to start back slowly :) Good luck!

Married 6-30-07, BFP 9-1-07, M/C & D&C 10-5-07, BFP #2 6-20-08, BFP #3 3-28-2010 Mommy to Ethan born 2-22-09 7lbs 13.5oz & 21" long SAL Buddy to March04b2b imageFamily Blog|Food Blog
  • It really depends. Some people see a drop in their supply with a very small amount of exercise, others see no drop no matter how much they exercise. I started training for a 1/2 marathon when DS was 2 months old and it never seemed to affect my supply.

I'd just ease back into it and if you notice your supply dropping cut back a bit on the exercise. Also make sure that you eat enough calories and drink plenty of water.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"