Pregnant after 35
Options

New here, a little history and a question (long)...

Hi all, new here.  i originally posted this in the December 2010 boards, then reposted inadvertently in Parenting after 35 (noob mistake), so think I FINALLY have it right because I have a feeling I'm going to be lurking here more.... So, here it goes again.....My EDD is 12/31!  Finally got BFP after two m/c with first husband and having ovarian ectopic with DDH in July. The first two BFPs were surprises - was never trying.  We had some tests done but I was never urgently trying to find out what was wrong..I guess I always knew he and I weren't meant to have kids and stay together.  Luckily I now have DDH, but we suffered the ectopic over the summer and was treated with methotrexate (2 rounds).  Because I'm now 38 (just barely, birthday in Jan, and really 12 at heart), my O/B sent me to an RE.  (oh and I took it upon myself to start acupuncture with a studio that specializes in acupuncture for fertility..which I looooove)...So on my first check up at RE, dr. did an u/s to check my ovaries and could see that I had a maturing follicle on the right side (how cool!).  Because of that, he said...'try it this month on your own and if nothing happens, we start the full diagnostics'....  well, my DH and I got "on it" and sure enough.....BFP 12 DPO!!  Didn't believe it at first and have POAS about 16 times.  Got 2 betas at dr....first 250 on 4/22; then 654 4/24.  Nurse at RE's office says...things "look strong" and my first u/s is scheduled for 5/5 (UGH...that's NINE days away!).  I am ridiculously cautiously optimistic for this one.  I've never made it past 6 weeks.  I do have sore ta tas and very light nausea (but have always had a strong stomach) and am craving almonds and cranberries (crazy, I know)...so with my history out of the way...What the heck do you guys do to not think about your little growing beans 24/7?   Lurking on PG boards doesn't count :)  I live in Manhattan, so long walks on the beach aren't possible.  Ideas?H&H to you all! 

Me: now over 40, careerwoman; DH: 34 love of my life
Blood work, anatomy and his SA = in fine shape say drs
Our journey so far:
7/09: BFP m/c 6w s/e/p, 2 rounds methotrexate
4/10 BFP m/c 6w D&C..it was a boy :(
6/10-2/11 TTC naturally, BFNs
3/11: Clomid cycle, BFN
4/11-9/11 TTC naturally, BFNs
10/11 IUI #1 BFN
Have to breathe over next few months.
Feb 2012: IVF #1, max stims, only 3 retrieved, all fertilized, only 1 transferred on Day 3. BFN.
RE says move to DE. DE it is.
DE IVF #1 - 10/29: 12 eggs retrieved, 10 fert. 11/2: Day5 transfer 2 'perfect' blasts. 4 blasts on ice. 11/11: Beta #1 at 9dp5dt = 72.7 11/13: Beta #2 at 11dp5dt: 30.3 c/p :( WTF appt 11/27: RE a little dumbfounded. Checking Thyroid panel again, Hysterogram as well; FET most likely in Jan. '13.have reconsidered a parallel path of adoption.
PAIF&SAIF always welcome

Re: New here, a little history and a question (long)...

• Options
    Congrats and welcome!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Welcome! I'm a new yorker too! How about long walks in the park!

But seriously, i do think about my baby all the time although maybe I'm a bit more relaxed once i got to the 2nd tri. Good Luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!!   I do think about my LO all the time but I don't freak out about it.  With my first, I had a really nice, calm pregnancy, I enjoyed being pregnant!  I fully intend this time around to be the same.  In fact, so far this time is even better because the one overwhelming symptom I had last time was exhaustion and this time it isn't as bad.  You will spend a huge amount of time thinking of your LO but tha'ts ok, that's what a mommy does!  Just focus on good thoughts, don't stress, and enjoy this fabulous time!
  • Options

Welcome and congratulations!!

As far as not thinking about my LO, that's impossible. I have to immerse myself in a book, have a super busy workday, or get caught up playing with DD#1. Those are the only things that distract me enough.

I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • Options
    amjraamjra member
    Hi there!  HH 9 months to you!!  Well, posting here does not help my obsession at all.  I limit my time on the bump and have been throwing myself into work and some art projects.  :) I got some affirmation CD's as well.  "Heartstrings for Pregnancy" and another one by Bella Ruth Naparsak. 
  • Options

my favorite distractions--

rent a movie (or better yet, go out to a movie), read books or magazines, find a new recipe to try out & then make it, play with our dogs, watch favorite tv shows, play video games (World of Warcraft has been a big time-taker-upper), try out a new restaurant,??exercise (maybe even try out a new exercise class). ?

Having said that, I spent a lot of time obsessing on message boards, too (especially in first trimester). ?Hang in there!

• Options
    Congrats & Welcome!! Hang out with friends, get off the computer and just keep busy. 5/5 will be here before you know it. Good Luck to you!!
  • Options
    It's hard sometimes for me to remember what's going on at all.  I feel sick a lot...but I never sleep, so I attribute it to that....I come on this board to make myself believe it!  GL to you on the 5th! Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"