Orange County Babies

Vent! Destination Maternity

I just wanted to vent and know if anyone else has experienced the same thing. ?I get anxiety when I've had to go into the Destination Maternity store in Mission Viejo Mall. ?The girls that work there are sooooo pushy! Today I just went in because I wanted a nursing tank top and a nursing bra but didn't want to spend a ton of money. ?Of course she ripped on everything I picked out and handed me "more quality" merchandise. She then went on to tell me how I needed more nursing bras and that I needed new ones because I got a couple of sleeping bras in the beginning of my pregnancy and I needed new ones and then the tank I picked out...well, I needed a couple more because they were not good quality and they'll fall apart. ?UGH! ?Then why do you guys sell them? ?Just needed to vent! ?

I'm sure some of you understand with all the expenses ahead of us...I didn't need a couple hundred dollar shopping trip when all I needed was a cheap tank and one bra! :) ?Thanks I feel better...ha ha! :)?

Re: Vent! Destination Maternity

• I avoided those maternity stores like the plague and just bought all my maternity clothes on gap.com.  The quality was great!

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Oh I completely understand.  I had an issue with that same store and I even called the corporate office to complain.  I also called and left a message for the district manager.  I never heard anything back from either avenue.  That is just plain sad and unprofessional.  So I vowed never to buy one single thing from that store my entire pregnancy.  And I didnt!  There are too many other stores out there with nicer, less expensive things.  You would think that being in a nice mall like the Shops and in a nice area of town, that the store wouldnt be so GHETTO!  But it is.  Plus in this economy, where money is tight and pregnancy is temporary, I know tons of people that decided not to buy new clothes and just bella band pants for as long as they could. But you would think they would have better customer service knowing their customer base has to be getting smaller.  Okay, vent over!  :)  It was over a year ago and I am still angry about it.  hahahah!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad I'm not the only one! I too shopped at Gap a lot online and in the Gap Kids store...LOVE THEM! but all I needed was that darn bra and it seems that no store carries nursing bras. ?Does anyone know any stores locally that do? ?

Boo on Destination Maternity/Pea in The Pod! ?

• I delivered at Saddleback and went to their store that has a lactation consultant and do bra fittings.  I had a consultation a few days after DD was born, just to make sure I was doing things right, and really liked them. While I was there, I picked up a few nursing bras.  Love them so much!

Here is the link to some information on the store. https://www.memorialcare.org/locations/locations_detail.cfm?medlocID=226

My friend said she found some cheap nursing bras at Target.  Haven't checked that out yet, but worth a shot.

Good Luck!

• I have nursing bras from Target that I love and I am not a Target clothes shopper at. They are super soft and comfy and I can even sleep in them if you can believe that! And just today I bought a nursing tank at Target and I love it! Wish I had bought more than one! With the warm weather coming I think I will live in these!
  • I think they're all like that. I shopped at Motherhood in Chino Hills because the girls ignore all the customers and stand behind the registers and gossip.
  • I went into the  Brea mall store excited about my pregnancy at 16 weeks. i was looking for a belly band and went with my husband. the sales associate was very friendly and I ended up buying 1 there and holding out to buy more else where because the prices seemed high for clothes I wan't crazy about. I wanted to hold out for gap maternity. Anyways the sales assoc tried to sell me leggings, tops, you name it. And I felt uncomfortable saying No, No. NO! I spend $36 on the band and left. Then at Target saw bella bands are $16! i bought 2  and planned on returned the DM one.

Well their return policy sucks, even though it was within 10 days, unworn with a receipt I only got store credit. Yuck now I have store credit I better spend. :(

I love gap maternity, there's one at So Co Plaza

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageneedingallthehelpicanget:
    I have nursing bras from Target that I love and I am not a Target clothes shopper at. They are super soft and comfy and I can even sleep in them if you can believe that! And just today I bought a nursing tank at Target and I love it! Wish I had bought more than one! With the warm weather coming I think I will live in these!

Ditto this and Old Navy. I hated MM. Pea in the Pod was not much better. The lady there tried to convience me my too short jeans (I'm 5'10) were in style:/

• I second the recommendations to go to Target since you will have no idea what size you will be the first weeks post-delivery and then once your milk supply regulates out.

If you're busty, though, I will say you'll probably blow through any cheaper quality nursing bra. I ended up going to the Wizard of Bras in Monrovia because once my supply regulated out I was a JJ/H and became impossible to fit. ;)

Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • I went in for a belly band and when they couldn't talk me into buying anything else (I am somewhat tiny and maternity clothes never fit) they harassed me about signing up for their newsletter coupon nonsense and i had to argue, I DONT NEED CHEAP BOTTLES, IM BREASTFEEDING, I DONT NEED CHEAP DIAPERS, WE USE CLOTH.
    Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
    Home Birthing-Breastfeeding-Cloth Diapering-Baby Wearing-CoSleeping-Delayed/Selective Vaccination Mama to Charlie (5yrs) and Madeline (21mos)
  • Wow that is an awful thing to hear, especially seeing I live right down the street from the Shops at MV and just found out I'm preggo.  I guess I won't be stepping in there EVER!

I have had other friends that are preggo and they loved buying stuff from GAP, Old Navy, and Target (in store or online) - I think that's what I will have to do! 

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"