Special Needs

tough situation with my mom

helloi have a 22 month old litle girl. I stay at home with her. Both my dada and my husbands dda cant wtch my child. They dont know what to do.

My mother in law is the best at watching my daughter besides me and my husband. Then, there is my mother. She raised my sister and I. But, it is as if she forgets what it is like and what you have to do with small children.

When my child was a year, my mom ddint cut up her food small enough and my daughter had a hard time swallowing the food. Her eyes were tearing and both were upset. SHe didnt choke but my mom told me that she had a hard time swallowing the food.

Then, 3 weeks ago she was walking outside with my child and she fell. my daughter didnt crt. my mom ddint say anything. I just noticed when i changed her diaper and she had a scrape. My mom said I didnt realize she got hurt.

Now today. We have a lot of stairs in our house, Some are gated and sone arent. everyone knows to watch her closely due to this. So, I was upstairs and my mom was watching my daughter. I came down the stairs and my mom was on the phone and my daughter was up the stairs unattended as my mom spoke on the phone.

I said something to my mom. she said i will be more careful. I said i am concerned about her safety. my mom said i will watch her more closely. I said I dont feel comfortable you watching her cause you dont really dont keep a good etye on her. She called me a b and stormed out.

What am I suppose to do? I only have my mom and mother in law to watch her. Everyone else is too busy or not capable.

What would you do? What do you think? It would be nice to get a break more due to me being so busy with my daughters drs appointments(which dhh comes with me) and due to the business of early intervention.

Re: tough situation with my mom

• I don't have family around, so breaks are few and far between (meaning months in between, not days). Are you living with these family members you talk about? Is there something specific you need to leave her with family for? Is your 22mo daughter SN? I don't recognize your name.... forgive me...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi. It is only my husband and my child in our house. Ny daughter has developmental delays. She is in EI. She sees a spec ed teacher and a physical therapist once a week. she sees ot every other week. she has low muscle tone. She has hip dysplia.
  • Loading the player...
  • If your mom isn't safe with her, your break won't be worth it, honestly. Maybe in those times you really need some time away, you and your husband could rotate just getting out for a bit. That is pretty much what we do. When i have a babysitter, it is 99.9% for a doctor appointment I can't take the kids to.... or baby sis can't come.  If your MIL is good with her, maybe she would be willing to help out when you need a date night or something like that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Maybe ask your mom to watch her during times when things are less likely to happen, such as nap time and bed time? That is a really tough situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"