North Carolina Babies
Options

mother's necklace

so the cute mother's necklaces...i think i want to request one from DH for mothers day...I obviously have DS and my stepson...do i get one with his name on it as well since he's my stepson...i dont want to overstep boundaries in his mom's eyes by doing that...what do ya'll think?
imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: mother's necklace

• Options
    if you think of him as a son, then yes.
    if not, no.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I think I would, it's a sweet gesture and if you have a good relationship with him and spend a lot of time with him then yes.  If it was a situation of he and his mother lived across the country and you've met him twice or something, I would say probably not :) 

Also, I would like to think that his mother would appreciate the gesture of you viewing him as part of your family and caring for him.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH and I had this discussion last night since that is what he wanted to get me for Mothers Day.  We decided to put his name on the necklace.  I've been in his life since he was 4 and he's 9 now so we definitely have had time to form a relationship. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think given as much as I do about you and your relationship with him, it would be completely appropriate.  My stepmom has always included me on things like that, and my mom has never taken offense.  I guess whether or not it bothers her really depends on her though.  But I think you'd be fine including him.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah i've been a part of his life from day one and he's 8.5 yr old, so we def. have a great bond (sometimes too great cuz he will ask me all the awkward questions im not ready for like asking how they got Jack out, etc.). I think his mom would think it was a nice gesture because we get along and she knows he's special to me and vice versa but i just wanted to mak sure it wasn't weird.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"