3rd Trimester

Weight gain - 35 weeks?

Hi ladies,

How much weight have you gained by 35 weeks? I'm up 25 lbs. I'm hoping to keep it under 30 altogether. I've heard that sometimes the weight gain levels off towards the end of your pregnancy. Has anyone found this to be true?

TIA!

Re: Weight gain - 35 weeks?

• I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow and I'm at a 17 pound gain.

I've not heard that weight gain tapers off since baby is gaining 1/2 to a full pound a week the last month or so.

The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
  • with dd i gained at least a pound a week the last 5 wks.  
  • Loading the player...
  • let's see... around 35 weeks i had gained almost 40... i'm probably up to around 42-43 now, we'll see in about 30 minutes... it hasn't really slowed for me- average about a pound or so a week.
  • I am up 25 pounds. World record for me. I gained almost 65 pounds with my first daughter, 40ish with my 2nd daughter.
  • I'm 33wks and I've gained 28lbs..but, I was 116 pre-pregnancy so it's fine for me to gain upwards of 35. However, I'm hoping my max is 30 -- if it's anymore I'm keeping my weight a secret!
  • W/ DS I was up about 25 lbs. by 35 weeks.  I didn't gain anymore after that point, lost a lb.. then gained a lb.  Finished right around 25 lbs. total.  Hoping the pattern is the same here!  We'll see...
  • I had gained 30 lbs by 35 weeks.  My goal was to stay under 30, as well.  Let's just say my new goal is to stay under 40.  Lol.  I have leveled off a little bit - I was consistently gaining 2 lbs. a week from about 25 weeks on and now have slowed to a pound or less a week.  At this point I'm about 3 pounds lighter than my husband and just really want this baby to come so I don't exceed my husband's weight! Lol.
    natural m/c 6-1-09 @9 weeks, Lucy born 5-11-10, m/c (D&C)1-24-12 @10 weeks Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm 35 weeks and gained 18 pounds (I haven't gained a pound since week 31) but belly continues to measure right on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So far its been 27.7 lbs.  So far my weight gain has been pretty steady.  Everyone I've talked to said they gained more at the end.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I was up 41 lbs at my last appointment at 32w6d, and that was after a 7 lb gain in 2 weeks. Doc told me I can't keep gaining like that, so I'm trying to watch. REALLY don't want to go above a 50 lb gain at this point.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• I'd gained 25 lbs at 35 weeks.
  • I'm up 16, but I lost about 5 lbs last week due to some GI bug.  I hardly ate anything last week. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 25 pounds at 34 weeks.  I'm still gaining about a pound a week, though we'll see what happens at this week's appointment.
  • At 35 weeks, I'd gained 16lbs.  I have my 36wk appt today so we'll see how much I gain now- I've been eating like a pig and I'm super swollen!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 40-45lbs but apparently I have a giant inside--93rd percentile so I'm hoping a lot is baby.  I gained 40 with #1.
    Megan--Mommy to Owen 1.10.07 and Gibson 5.11.10
  • At 29 weeks I was up 25lbs, I lost 17 since then (I had some kidney issues)... and now I'm up a total of 9 lbs I think.

BFP #1 4/2/09 EDD 12/6/09 -MC 4/12/09 BFP #2 6/2/09 EDD 2/14/10 -Ectopic in Tube, Surgery 6/23/09 BFP #3 10/15/09 EDD 6/27/10 -Daniel John 6/21/10 BFP #4 Oct 2010 Chemical Pregnancy BFP #5 8/19/11 Beta #1 82.8 Prog 17.25
  • I've gained 30 lbs and I'm a few weeks behind you.  I gained 30 total with ds and I'm guessing I'll be up to 40 by the end of this pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Up 19lbs at 35w.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• I was 35 weeks yesterday and it looks like I am up 19 pounds. I was up 30 with DD at that point.
  • I think everyone is different. I kept track with DD and gained 10 lbs from 35-40 weeks. Then I think I gained another 10 lbs in the 10 days she was overdue - that was probably all water weight. I had gained 42 lbs at 35 weeks with her and am on track to do the same thing again. I guess that's just how my body tends to gain when I'm pg.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow and as of right now I've only gained 19 lbs.  But, I'm GD so I'm on a pretty strict diet.  It helps to keep the weight gain down.  That's my one positive thought for being dx'ed with GD.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You are so lucky! I was at 31 gained at 31 weeks. But I really want to be under 40 total. My sister was about 45 gained per pregnancy and I'm breastfeeding so I'm not concerned about losing it after. Your body will do what it does.

I have heard that after 35 weeks the growth slows down. But honestly, I wouldn't worry too much. I saw the pic you posted last night and you look absolutely healthy and adorable.

• I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow. I've gained 24 lbs. I'm trying to gain 1lb a week and to wind up gaining 25lbs - 35lbs during the pregnancy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"