Birth Stories

question mama's about contractions

This will be my second kiddo and with the first I was induced the day I turned 37 wks due to some health problems. I had been having some irregular braxton hicks contractions then but def. nothing to write home about. Well for the past three days with this pregnancy (37wks now) I have been having comtractions that are uncomfortable and anywhere from 6-10 min. apart. This will continue for about 1-2 hours and then completely vanish. Do you think maybe I will have this little guy soon. I just wondered what your early contractions were like. I had a rapid 4 hour labor with my first child and I am worried I will sit at home timing contractions until they are 5 min apart thinking they are just going to stop and then end up barely making it to the hospital in time:) it is a 30-40 min drive from my home. Suggestions??

Re: question mama's about contractions

• I have no idea since my water broke before I had a single contraction.  I would ask your doctor at your appointment this week though.  Maybe he'll just schedule an induction for you again due to your distance from the hospital and your rapid labor with #1.
  • I had Braxton Hicks contractions that were timed similiarly to that (but they were painful) for a couple of weeks before going into labor. Whoever said BH's were not painful lied! :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"