LGBT Parenting

I miss you ladies!

I'm typing one handed as I pump so please ignore typos :-p

Baby Two will be two weeks old tomorrow! She is a really chill baby.  Her only fussy times are right before she poops - lol - and when she is hungry.  She only gained 1.5 oz last week so this entire weekend has focused on feeding her.  She has a great latch when she feeds but we think she falls asleep before emptying the breast.  So in order to figure things out, I'm feeding her and then pumping out whatever she has left behind.  I'm bummed that we've had to introduce a bottle but hopeful since we're still getting breastmilk into her.

So other than that things are good. K goes back to work tomorrow and a friend from CA who happens to be in NYC for a few days is going to come up for a visit.  I can't wait to intoduce Lil' Two to a friend from home!

Know that I try to read posts every other day but most times I have a baby on my lap and can't respond, but I'm thinking of you all.

xo!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I miss you ladies!

• yay! that's awesome that she's such a chill baby. our little guy is like that, too--he pretty much just fussed when he was hungry, dirty, or really tired, and now he fusses when he's hungry, wants attention, or is really tired. I'm sure she'll be fine with the bottles, too--plus it'll give K an opportunity to be part of that side of things, too, and as the non-bio mom I always loved it when I got to do that when he was wee little. I mean I still do now, but then especially.

I hope the transition back to work goes smoothly for her and that you have fun with your friend!

• Glad to hear things are going well. Nice to have a mellow baby.

~Kennedy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • she sounds like a dream. you're doing a great job mamma! Cant wait to hear more about her and your new life :)
  • We miss you too! I'm so glad she is a mellow baby.

I can't wait for more pics :-)

• So glad to hear from you! I've been thinking about you and wondering how everything was going.

Glad to hear that everyone's doing well!  Good luck with the pumping - let us know how it all goes.

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Yay for mellow babies! Smile

As for the falling asleep thing, Gwen was doing that too. My pedi told me to feed, then wake her with a burp and diaper change, then feed again. That's still what we do and it has been working wonderfully. I noticed a marked improvement in sleep almost from the very first feed we did that. Good luck.

Can't wait to see more pictures!! 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • I'm so happy to hear things are going so well for you and baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"