Breastfeeding
Options

When do babies stop pooping so much?

I've heard that breastfed babies' pooping frequency declines at some point in time - but when is that?  We are using cloth diapers and are having to wash all of our covers every day because of poop explosions.  We're trying to decide if we should invest in more covers, or maybe we can avoid that if she's going to stop pooping all of the time.

Thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When do babies stop pooping so much?

• Options
    no slowdown here yet, I'm still waiting too.
    TTC#1 since Mar 2008. Serious MFI due to cancer. 3 cancelled IUI's, just about every test in the book. IVF#1 - BFP! Twin girls arrived 2/5/10 at 35w2d. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    For my LO it was around one month.  For that 1st month he was going about 6 times a day now it is 2 times a day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For us it was around 4-6 weeks old.  Now she poops probably 6 times a week - sometimes twice a day and then takes a couple days off!  But that first month or so she would poop all the time!  It seemed like everytime I nursed her, she pooped.  While nursing.
  • Options
    ibisibis member

DS was a poop machine in the beginning. I remember at the hospital they kept asking, has he pooped yet? And we were like, uhhh yeah, about 10 times! LOL

I think just in the last couple of weeks I've seen the frequency go down. He used to go 4-6 times a day, now it's more like 2. 

• Options
    Be careful what you wish for, lol.  LO now only poops like every other day, and they are doozies!  I would rather change a poopy diaper 10 times a day with just a little poop versus what we get now.  He slowed down around 2 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's about 2 times a day here now.  It changed for our LO when she was about 4 weeks old.
  • Options

Our little one went from what seemed like 6-8 per day to 1 every day (or sometimes every 3 days!) at about 4.5 months. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    for us it was around 2-3 months, closer to the 2 month mark. She now poops about 4 times per week! It was very annoying for us in the beginning with the CD and poop, but now most of the ones in the wash are just wet!
  • Options

Noticable difference @ 6 weeks.  It went from just about every diaper to 1-2x a day.  Everyonce in a while, it's every other day...but its a doosey...

• Options
    @ 6 weeks he went to 1 poop every 24-36 hours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"