New York Babies
Options

Has anyone delivered at LICH (Long Island College Hospital) in Brooklyn?

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone can comment on their experience at LICH.  I happen to live around the corner from this hospital so it would be extremely convenient for me to go here.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Mom to 3 wonderful girls:
Eva, born on 1/2/11
Celia and Lily, born on 5/17/13

Re: Has anyone delivered at LICH (Long Island College Hospital) in Brooklyn?

• Options
    I may be mistaken, but I believe they closed their maternity department in 2008 or 2009. 
  • Options
    you should take a tour there. i believe they are offered on saturdays. i did recently and truthfully i did not like it at all. their maternity ward is open but it is quite small, they only have 1 private room and alltogether i think they dont have too many semi private rooms either.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback.  I'll look into doing a tour.  I am thinking that even if I don't love it, I may just go there anyways because of the convenience. 

Mom to 3 wonderful girls:
    Eva, born on 1/2/11
    Celia and Lily, born on 5/17/13
  • Options
    i live in carroll gardens myself! i WOULD not go there ever again ! i had a bad experience there with a friend of mine giving birth! but i would check it out! good luck
  • Options

:::coming over from TTGP::::

I've heard that some of the St. Vincent's doctors had their privileges transferred there.  St. V's has a reputation for being low-intervention, hands-off, take-all-the-time-you-need, etc.  I looked into LICH for that reason, but in the end decided I really liked a doctor affiliated with St. Luke's Roosevelt even though it's less convenient.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I live in Brooklyn Heights (like 3 blocks from LICH).  I have been to LICH for reasons other than childbirth and I knew from those experiences that I would not want to give birth there. I am delivering at NYU. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"