Maryland Babies
Options

Thinking about new OB/GYN (vent/need suggestions)

So, I'm real frustrated with my docs office right now as they've given me the run around.  We've had some issues, so we needed to get medical information from my DH, so he gets that done & his doc sends it to my doc (with my name on it). 

I then talk to my doc's office who again tells me they need the information and to fax it.  So, I call my husband, who calls his doc only to find out that they sent it and my doc's office sent it back saying he wasn't a patient.  I call my doc back and say what's the deal and they say oh we can't put that in your file because he's not a patient.  You have to send that to the genetic counselor.  At this point, I'm very aggravated and as I begin to explain to the woman my frustration, she begins to tell me what I need to do.  ARGH.

Now, my DH is pretty ticked because this has been going back and forth for about a week.  And he's not at all happy with my doc's office for the run around.  

So, has anyone switched docs mid-stream?  We're only 8 weeks along, so still plenty of time to build a relationship. 

Do you love your doc?  If so - who is it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Emergency ileostomy 11/28/10, CF dx on 12/3/10 and ileostomy takedown 1/24/11, feeding tube placed 7/1/11...still going strong! Little one lost 5w5d, 5/27/2012. CP 8/26/2012

Re: Thinking about new OB/GYN (vent/need suggestions)

• Options

Other than this incident, do you have other problems with this office? 

It seems like this is a miscommunication between office staff, not the actual doctors. 

But, at the same time, office staff is important!  My OB has the best office staff.  I see Elaine Lim @ St Joes and I really like her.  But, I am also very proactive in my medical care and I always research what questions to ask and what answers I expect.  If you are the type of person that needs a lot of specific medical guidance, she might not be for you. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Options

I think office staff at a lot of places leave a lot to be desired.

I absolutely love my OBGYN practice and would recommend them to anyone.  They are located at GBMC.  The office staff is nice enough...nothing really to complain about.  I love love love the docs there...there are three, two male and one woman.  Dr. Erdman (the woman) is the one who delivered my baby and I cannot recommend her enough to all my friends.  The docs are so supportive and easy to talk to...I have nothing but praise for this practice.  They also have later hours on M and W, which helped me out immensely when trying to schedule around work. 

www.csobgyn.com

Good luck in your search!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageautumn bliss:

I think office staff at a lot of places leave a lot to be desired.

I absolutely love my OBGYN practice and would recommend them to anyone.  They are located at GBMC.  The office staff is nice enough...nothing really to complain about.  I love love love the docs there...there are three, two male and one woman.  Dr. Erdman (the woman) is the one who delivered my baby and I cannot recommend her enough to all my friends.  The docs are so supportive and easy to talk to...I have nothing but praise for this practice.  They also have later hours on M and W, which helped me out immensely when trying to schedule around work. 

www.csobgyn.com

Good luck in your search!

This times 100!  Their staff is fabulous.  The insurance lady stayed 3 hrs late the other day to make sure I got coverage for BPP ultrasounds and called to make sure I got everything I needed after she had already left a message.  And Dr Erdman is fabulous.

• Options
    I switched at 30 weeks and it was the best decision I could have made. It was scary as crap, but the first appt with my new dr I knew it was the right call. I agree with pp. If this is the first time something has gone wrong it could be a fluke. I worked in an OB office and things can get super crazy. We tried so hard to do everything right, but everyone makes mistakes. If it happens often, I would def switch.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I absolutely adore the OB that delivered my baby girl.  I saw a group of OBs at my practice and he was my favorite.  Dr. Pearlman at the McDonugh Crossroads.  They are affliated with Sinai Hospital (which the nurses and docs were wonderful and met my every need).  My GYN (who also did a LEEP on me and I trust completely) sadly retired from the OB part.  Good luck!
  • Options

It's not to late to switch at all.  Where are you located.  If you are near Annapolis Chesapeake Womens Care is great, they have been the practice I've gone to since I was a teenager.  There are a lot of other girls that have used them too.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Agreed!!!!

Charles Street Ob/Gyn is fantastic!  They have a NP along with the 3 docs who is also great.

Best wishes

Paradise 

• Options
    I switched from my OB to the midwives at Special Beginnings at 24 weeks so it is definitely not too late!  i hope that with whatever you decide that you are happy and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You have a lot of time to switch!  I was with Hopkins at Wyman park and was really unsatisfied.  I want a natural birth, no meds, and the docs that I saw were clearly not really understanding that.  When I told them I was not planning on birthing at Hopkins I got confused looks and was questioned about my choice.  I switched to Kathleen Slone and associates a midwife practice at about 24 weeks and knew the second I walked in the office I had made the right choice!  They deliver out of Mercy and are just an awesome group of women.  Whether you want to go au natural, or not, they are just a fantastic group.  They have alot of patients so get in early if you can!
  • Options
    imagedixee.deluxe:

My OB has the best office staff.  I see Elaine Lim @ St Joes and I really like her. 

This is where I go too. I see Dr. Joanne Lim. I got switched to her about three months into my pregnancy with DD because my old GYN stopped delivering. I did not want to switch and was very upset at the time, but she is great and I have switched to her for regular GYN as well.

• Options

I see the doctors at Ob/Gyn Associates at Sinai.  Specifically Julie Jacobstein.  But all the docs there are wonderful!

They have an office at May's Chapel as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageCooper81:

It's not to late to switch at all.  Where are you located.  If you are near Annapolis Chesapeake Womens Care is great, they have been the practice I've gone to since I was a teenager.  There are a lot of other girls that have used them too.

I am 12 weeks and just switched offices for similar reasons.  I felt that if the office staff couldn't keep organized it would make it difficult for the Dr. to do her job.  Plus I didn't want to deliver at Bayview.  I went to my 1st appt. at CWC in Gambrills and really liked the staff.  Do what you think is best for your family!  Good luck!

• Options
    I have Kaiser and see Dr. Paul Feldman at their City Plaza office - he was GREAT and supported our desire to do natural and as little intervention as necessary. He has privileges at GBMC. We also used a doula there for the actual delivery and it was more than worth every penny! Good luck - it is definitely not too late to switch - and remember - the person you see might not be the one on call when you deliver so it's good to get a sense of the other docs in the practice too and even see them if you can.
  • Options

I also go to Charles Street OBGYN and see Dr. Erdman.  LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!!!  I have only met with one of the male doctors (Ottenritter) and he is super nice as well.  I too recommend them to all my friends and no one has been disappointed.

It is certainly not to late to change.  With my first child, I changed at 12-14 weeks and am so glad I did!

Good Luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"