D.C. Area Babies
Options

How many crib mattress pads & crib sheets do you have?

Just trying to figure out how many of each I need...

Re: How many crib mattress pads & crib sheets do you have?

• Options
    We have two mattress pads and 4 crib sheets, which has worked out fine for us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    2 mattress pads and 4 crib sheets (well, we have girly ones too, but they are packed away at the moment).
    Lauren,
    Mackenzie Beth 10.26.05 Ian James 08.09.08 Rhys Edward 07.05.10 William Brendan 04.17.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Totally agree - I only had 1 mattress pad which was not enough.  At least 2 pads and 3-4 sheets.  We also have on of the sheet savers that cover the whole bed.  
  • Options
    we have 2 ultimate sheets which we rotate thru. We have several crib sheets but the ultimate sheet is on top of it so we only really need one crib sheet. I am not sure what you mean by a pad? I guess something like the ultimate sheet (to protect the mattress from pee/puke/throw up).
  • Options
    1 mattress pad and 6 or 7 sheets.  Truthfully we probably only need 2-3 but we were handed down a lot.  
  • Options
    2 pads and 4 sheets:-)
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback:)
  • Options
    Hmmm...not sure what a pad is.  DD has 4 sheets that we rotate through.  Her mattress has a "plastic-y" coating on it that prevents any liquid from staining it, so maybe that's what a pad would be used for?  
    BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • Options
    We have 1 pad/mattress cover and 3 sheets. I can count the number of times LO has spit up and it was never in the crib. He has also never leaked (not yet anyway). So my point is that you may want to start out with just couple and then buy more if need be.
  • Options
    one pad and four sheets.  I keep meaning to get another pad (and have for over a year now).  I really like having the mattress pad between the sheets & vinyl mattress, extra warmth during the winter and it's quieter when BabyCrown wiggles around.
  • Options
    We are totally OCD - two crib sheets, two mattress pads, and two ultimate crib sheets - and yes, we use both a mattress pad and an ultimate crib sheet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

We have 1 mattress pad, 4 sheets (although I just got two a month ago or so--we were fine with just two for a long time), and two ultimate crib sheets.

Honestly, we stopped using the mattress pad pretty quickly b/c the mattress is covered in vinyl and it was easier to just wipe off than to have to deal with washing the mattress pad.  

• Options

imageGigs2000:

this is what we had. it was plenty.

• Options
    Don't know what a mattress pad is.  :(  Have a vinyl covered mattress and 2-3 fitted sheets.  Lost a sheet - don't know where or how! 
  • Options

imageDCtoLowcountry:
    We are totally OCD - two crib sheets, two mattress pads, and two ultimate crib sheets - and yes, we use both a mattress pad and an ultimate crib sheet.

I am too...I only have one mattress pad, but do use the ultimate crib sheet and the pad together.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We are getting 3 of each.  My coworker suggested having several layers of pads/sheets so that if a mess happened in the middle of the night, you just had to pull off the top layer of sheet/pad & there would be a fresh one underneath.

I plan on doing this.

• Options

imageSofka:
    we have 2 ultimate sheets which we rotate thru. We have several crib sheets but the ultimate sheet is on top of it so we only really need one crib sheet.

This is what we do.  It's pretty convenient.  Even on a bad night (at least so far), we haven't needed to break out the second sheet.  My mom was adamant that we would need waterproof mattress pads, but the ultimate crib sheets keep us from needing them.

imageimageimage
  • Options

imageDCtoLowcountry:

We have one pad, 3-4 sheets and one ultimate crib sheet, which we also use with the pad.

Photobucket
  • Options
    We only have one pad and three sheets. I guess we're lucky in terms of middle of the night messes because we've only had one of those (leaky diaper) so far. We only really need to take the sheet off for wash day. 
    The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

We don't use a mattress pad and we have about 6-8 fitted sheets. As most of the girls on here know, Warner was a big time spitter-upper, so I gave up on a mattress pad early on since we had to change the sheets on the crib several times a day. It was one less thing to bother with.

If your crib mattress has a plastic coating (and most that I've seen do), what's the point of a mattress pad? 

I also don't get the appeal of the ultimate crib sheet. I had 2 of them and I found it top be much more of a pain to attach all those little elastic straps on than to just put a new change a regular sheet. But maybe it's because I was doing it umpteen times a day. (thank god those days are behind us!!) 

• Options
    imageQueSrah:

imageSofka:
    we have 2 ultimate sheets which we rotate thru. We have several crib sheets but the ultimate sheet is on top of it so we only really need one crib sheet.

This is what we do.  It's pretty convenient.  Even on a bad night (at least so far), we haven't needed to break out the second sheet.  My mom was adamant that we would need waterproof mattress pads, but the ultimate crib sheets keep us from needing them.

Ditto Sofka and QueSrah.  We have a bunch of sheets, but we never used them because of the ultimate sheet.  We have three ultimate sheets.  DD was a big time refluxer and those ultimate sheets saved us from having to change the sheet and mattress cover every time she spit up.  Those and an old fashioned cloth diaper under her head did the trick quite nicely.  We don't really use them now because DD is 20 months old and never leaks and stopped spitting up around 1 year. 

• Options
    imageQueSrah:

imageSofka:

Ditto Sofka and QueSrah.  We have a bunch of sheets, but we never used them because of the ultimate sheet.  We have three ultimate sheets.  DD was a big time refluxer and those ultimate sheets saved us from having to change the sheet and mattress cover every time she spit up.  Those and an old fashioned cloth diaper under her head did the trick quite nicely.  We don't really use them now because DD is 20 months old and never leaks and stopped spitting up around 1 year. 

• Options

imageGigs2000:

Same here

• Options
    We have one waterproof fitted mattress pad and then I lay another waterproof crib sized 'sheet' down (it's just a large rectangle like lap pad) and then 4 sheets.  I needed that many sheets at the beginning, but now I don't go through that many.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options
    ancac22ancac22 member
    edited December 2013
    I have used 3 of these. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"