New to The Bump

new to the bump ~ anyone with AFLAC

morning fellow bumpies Smile

My insurance enrollment is here and I was thinking of enrolling with AFLAC as a backup, does anyone have it here? Have you used it? Do you like it?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Re: new to the bump ~ anyone with AFLAC

• I don't have it anymore (changed jobs), but I did & it was nice.  For us it was a little expensive since we weren't using it much, but I did end up having to have surgery on my foot & got a check pretty easily.  I was not able to get reimbursed for my physical therapy though, even with the help of my agent.  If you have any questions please let me know.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Back up for what? It won't cover anything relating to your pregnancy.

I just signed up today (I also had it at my last job) but we aren't TTC yet. I am planning on using the short-term disability, the hospital & the sickness plans.

They have great plans at reasonable prices. I have been very happy with them. 

• Loading the player...
  • The plan my work offers me covers up to 5 days hospital stay even for maternity stay. I just need to submit an online claim and probably docs supporting it. I've already consulted with an AFLAC rep and he said they give $100-$1000 a day. My health ins covers 100% after I meet my $350 deductible but I also enrolled in the accident plan as well because you never know what could happen.

My work offers short term disability however it pays $20 a week. The state I live in offers TDI but you only receive 60% of your pay just for 6 weeks. We've been saving as well but we just a nest egg for that time I'm not working.

• AFLAC pays really well, but because you are already pregnant, they will NOT pay for anything related to the pregnancy.
  • Really? Not even in a few months? My rep didn't say that! Maybe I should reconsider then. It might now be worth it when I am paying all this money for it.
  • I normally don't post here, but I signed up for the hospitalization coverage in Feb.  It won't cover anything maternity wise unless you give birth 10 months after signing up for the coverage, FYI.
    The other man in my life
    Born 11/19/10 - 7 lbs. 4 oz. - 20.9 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    I AM A PPCM (PERIPARTUM CARDIOMYOPATHY) SURVIVOR!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"