LGBT Parenting

What to bring a friend having a baby?

My friend is in labor at the hospital. Her baby should be here today. I want to bring her something when I go visit, and don't want to do the standard flowers, balloons, etc. Do you think a small bag of snacks, bottles of water, parenting magazines, etc. are a good idea? Any other thoughts?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What to bring a friend having a baby?

• imagethefamilyway904:
    Do you think a small bag of snacks, bottles of water, parenting magazines, etc. are a good idea? Any other thoughts?

That sounds perfect.  I was STARVING after having the kids and a friend brought over snacks and I devoured them! :)  Balloons/flowers etc are nice, but they are just one more thing to haul out of the room at discharge! :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Thanks! Are you back from your trip? How'd it go?
  • Loading the player...
  • We are back!  It started off rocky (Carter was sick (fever/cold) and then threw up in the rental car (lovely) and it rained (no, poured) for 2 of the 4 days we were in FL. But he got better and we made it to my ILs fine. The kids had a great time at their grandparents and we saw all of L's crazy family. Smile The kids were great given that we were gone for 10 days - we were so impressed with them! It was nice to get home - but not to nice to get back to work. Wink
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Glad to hear it! Wow... Sick kid, ILs, away for 10 days! I wouldn't blame you if you needed a vacation after your vacation! Regardless, I'm sure you made some great family memories. Welcome back!
  • image2brides:

imagethefamilyway904:
    Do you think a small bag of snacks, bottles of water, parenting magazines, etc. are a good idea? Any other thoughts?

That sounds perfect.  I was STARVING after having the kids and a friend brought over snacks and I devoured them! :)  Balloons/flowers etc are nice, but they are just one more thing to haul out of the room at discharge! :)

I second this! there was so much going on that it was hard to remember to eat, and then we'd have to order it and wait and by the time it got there he was hungry or needed changed or we had a visitor. I had to pay for my food and it was ridiculously expensive, so someone either had to bring me some or I had to go get it. or I snuck some off of my wife's plate because she never ate it all. BUT, we had friends who brought us snacks and it was so much better than flowers or balloons.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"