Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Baby Shower Gift Ideas?

Ladies, I need gift ideas! My GF is having a baby girl and she hasn't had a newborn in about 8 or 9 years!

I was thinking about buying her a Pottery Barn Kids monogrammed diaper bag, but then I was thinking maybe there may be some cooler newer baby items that a new mom today must have!?!? Any ideas?

I came across the Bath Luve. Any thoughts on this item?!

Thinking of spending about $50-$75 total. 

Me (33) | DH (33)
Married in Oct 2005

TTC #1 Sept 2007.  Dx PCOS w/ IR, no ovulation, 6 cycles of Clomid failed. First cycle of Femara gave us our first miracle in May 2011
TTC #2. 10+ cycles of Femara w/ TI, Femara w/ IUI, Starting IVF #1 in January 2015
My Blog

Re: Baby Shower Gift Ideas?

• What about the Luna Lullaby Soothing Blankets ? I purchased these for a few of my friends and they just love them. They're made from 100% muslin, 3 to pack and comes with a DVD to teach you how to swaddle. The other thing I loved about them is they are huge, so they're great for large babies also. I got mine at Baby Bliss in Southlake, they also have a store in Dallas that carries them.

Both stores have a lot of adorable things you just need to stop by there and the girls will help you out they always have good ideas.

• My Boppy is the shower gift that I use the most. I think a diaper bag is something your friend might want to pick herself, my mom got me one and I wouldn't have bought it for myself. I also love my bath seat.

I'm going to a shower for a coworker and part of the gift I'm giving her are onesie month stickers for photos from PickySticky on etsy.

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • What I always do is buy a real nice basket, something I think the Mom-to-be would later use in the nursery somehow.  I then fill the basket with stuff for the baby, for Mom and around the home.  My BFF is pregnant with her first and so far I have these items for her basket:  outlet plugs, foam corner cushions, diapers, wipes, bottles and nipples, bottle brush, baby spoons and bowls, gas drops, tylenol, gripe water, Aveeno bath soap and lotion, Soothie pacifier clip, breast milk bags, nursing pads, lanolin cream, portable formula dispenser, disposable diaper saks and safety q-tips.  And of course a few outfits.  All-in-all it's by far not a "cheap" gift and I am giving her items she will actually use and other people most likely would not think to give.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • These are my go-to gifts. Two things that will definitely be used and no one else will probably think of it.

https://www.pickysticky.com/

https://www.nosefrida.com/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBoizmom:
    What I always do is buy a real nice basket, something I think the Mom-to-be would later use in the nursery somehow.  I then fill the basket with stuff for the baby, for Mom and around the home.  My BFF is pregnant with her first and so far I have these items for her basket:  outlet plugs, foam corner cushions, diapers, wipes, bottles and nipples, bottle brush, baby spoons and bowls, gas drops, tylenol, gripe water, Aveeno bath soap and lotion, Soothie pacifier clip, breast milk bags, nursing pads, lanolin cream, portable formula dispenser, disposable diaper saks and safety q-tips.  And of course a few outfits.  All-in-all it's by far not a "cheap" gift and I am giving her items she will actually use and other people most likely would not think to give.

This is what I do too and it's always a hit.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"