New York Babies

NBR: Summer rental homes?

flyingsaucerflyingsaucer member
edited July 2021 in New York Babies

DH and I would like to take a trip this summer with our 2 kids (2 and 8).  We just flew recently with them (ordeal!) so next time we would like someplace drive-able.  We live in Rockland and would like to rent a home on/near a beach someplace within 2-3 hrs drive.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: NBR: Summer rental homes?

• Did you check out the Jersey shore? We go to LBI all the time.  We are in Rockland too. 
  • Where in Rockand are you?  We are in Nyack!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We usually go to LBI too, but last summer we went to Ocean Grove (also NJ shore, but it was only a 90 minute drive...we're in Rockland too). It was a really cute town... quiet, mostly families, but if you go out to eat you have to BYOB because it's a dry town. The boardwalk isn't fab...ice cream and a gift shop.... but you can walk to Asbury Park and they have mini golf, ice cream, boardwalk food, but not a lot of fun stuff for the kids. We drove to Point Pleasant (about 15 minutes) to go to the boardwalk there.

ETA: When we went the girls were 11 and 20 months...

• lbi21lbi21 member
    I?would try Long Beach Island!? I have been vacationing there since I was 2.? My parents have a home there now and it is the perfect place for families.? We plan on being down there most of the summer with our newborn.? I would try to look for a Friday to Friday rental since Saturdays driving down the shore can be a nightmare.? Also be aware that for most rentals you need to bring sheets, towels and beach gear.? You should also find out if the house comes with beach badges, if not you can purchase them at the beach.? I think they are between 10-12 dollars for the week and you only need them for adults.??
    If you want to be near shopping, restaurants and kid friendly activities, I would stick with Beach Haven.? There is a a ton of things to do.? The North End of the Island is lovely too but quieter with not as much to do.??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"