Infertility

IVF girls - drinking during the 2ww

So I know that the general thought on drinking during the 2ww is to "drink 'til it's pink".

I always followed the "drink 'til it's pink" concept, but this time I didn't drink at all.  I felt like it was different because I knew that there was a fertilized embryo inside of me.  Is that weird of me?

What do you do?

Re: IVF girls - drinking during the 2ww

• i haven't had a drink since I started cycling the 1st time.  Alcohol isn't important enough to me and for me it was about being as healthy as I could be.
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I thought the same thing once I got to IVF!
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't drink at all during an IVF 2WW because I know there's an embryo (hopefully growing) in there and I'm trying to be as healthy as I can during and IVF cycle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I never drink in the 2ww whether it be IUI or IVF
  • LCB34LCB34 member
    I never drink during the 2WW.  I personally think you should act pregnant from ovulation until BFN or BFP when going through a treatment cycle.
  • I wouldnt dring during tww. However, I think the occasional glass of wine prior to tww is fine.
    IVF #1 BFN... IVF #2 BFP! TWINS!
    Twins born too early at 23 weeks due to incompetent cervix
    FET #1, IUI #1, 2, 3, 4 - all BFN
    IVF #3 BFP!!! IT'S A BOY! Born July 16th, 2011
    FET #2 BFP! Due February 15, 2013
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageLCB34:
    I never drink during the 2WW.  I personally think you should act pregnant from ovulation until BFN or BFP when going through a treatment cycle.

This! IMO, you're spending a ton of money for this so it's not that big of a deal to lay off it for a few weeks.

B/G twins!
  • I have been drinking the whole time I've been ttc.  For IUI cycles, I try to limit my drinking to no more than every other day during the week and no more than 3 drinks a night on the weekends.  Sometimes I drink less, sometimes I drink more.  It just depends on whats going on and what we're having for dinner (wine is just so perfect with certain meals)!

For our IVF cycle in June, both DH and I are going cold turkey for the montn. Not one sip.  We're out of pocket so we're not going to risk anything. Also, if I alone quit drinking, it would raise questions among friends but if we did it togteher as a way to "be more helthy," we could avoid questions from friends. 

TTC Since 10/08 4 IUIs=BFNx4
    IVF#1=BFP!! Twins!!
    Bradley and Billy born and lost on 2/2/11 at 19w2d due to pPROM/PTL. I miss you, little angels.
    IVF#2=BFN
    IVF#3=c/p IVF#4=Empty Follicle Syndrome; 1 mature, fertilized, & made it to blast. 5dt of "the lone ranger" on 9/6. Please stick, little one! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I didnt drink during my IVF 2ww either. I just didnt want to look back and say "what if I hadn't [fill in the blank."

Crohn's resulting in colectomy with J-Pouch surgery in 2000/2001.
    TTC since August 2008
    IVF#1: BFFN; IVF#2: BFN; FET with new RE: BFN
    IVF#3: ER 1/15; ET 1/20; Beta#1 1/29: 339!
    Twins girls born via c/s at 37w/3d!!
    "Let it go, this too shall pass."
  • imageMontyMrs:
    I don't drink at all during an IVF 2WW because I know there's an embryo (hopefully growing) in there and I'm trying to be as healthy as I can during and IVF cycle.

THIS!   Its really a personal decision, but I didn't want to be left wondering if that one glass of wine impacted my results...

TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageMontyMrs:
    I don't drink at all during an IVF 2WW because I know there's an embryo (hopefully growing) in there and I'm trying to be as healthy as I can during and IVF cycle.

this! 

• imageGenRN45:
    i haven't had a drink since I started cycling the 1st time.  Alcohol isn't important enough to me and for me it was about being as healthy as I could be.

I feel the exact same way! I haven't had a sip of alcohol or caffeine since starting IVF over a month ago.

It's completely not worth it!  GL

• I've never been on board with the "drink til it's pink" thing. I just don't think it's worth it.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • I didn't drink at all during the IVF 2ww. depending on what day your ET is (day 3 or 5) that embryo can implant in a day or two. In my opinion just not worth it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"