December 2010 Moms

Lifting?

So I was talking with my DH who works with mostly women and a few of those women are preggers, he said that he has to do a lot of lifting things for them since they are preggers.  I am only like 5 weeks but should I not be lifting things?  I dont see my doctor till May 11.  What do you ladies think.

Re: Lifting?

• I was told not to lift anything that I would really have to strain to lift, but normal everyday things are fine. Basically- do what you've been doing but don't do anything way beyond what's the norm for you :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageJulietL129:
    I was told not to lift anything that I would really have to strain to lift, but normal everyday things are fine. Basically- do what you've been doing but don't do anything way beyond what's the norm for you :)

Assuming you've had no prior challenges with pregnancies this is the best general advice to follow until you can talk to you doctor. Don't 'strain' yourself, but if you exercise - keep exercising, if you lifted your dog all the time with ease, keep lifting your dog.

If you feel really nervous about this, call your doctor's office, but overal you should be fine.

• Loading the player...
  • imageJulietL129:
    I was told not to lift anything that I would really have to strain to lift, but normal everyday things are fine. Basically- do what you've been doing but don't do anything way beyond what's the norm for you :)

Assuming you've had no prior challenges with pregnancies this is the best general advice to follow until you can talk to you doctor. Don't 'strain' yourself, but if you exercise - keep exercising, if you lifted your dog all the time with ease, keep lifting your dog.

If you feel really nervous about this, call your doctor's office, but overall you should be fine.

• I read somewhere that you shouldn't lift anything over 25 pounds. HTH!
  • imageOneLove 09:
    I read somewhere that you shouldn't lift anything over 25 pounds. HTH!

Hope that's not true because my DS weighs 29lbs & I still hold him all the time! A lot of people keep telling me I don't need to be holding my son or lifting certain things, but I feel like as long as it's nothing that's ridiculously heavy for me than I'll be fine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Married my best friend, Chris, on 07/11/2009...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"