Toddlers: 24 Months+

Can you kids do a thumbs up?

We are trying to teach DS thumbs up, but he seems to be lacking the coordination. 

Re: Can you kids do a thumbs up?

• Eva can.  It was definitely tricky at first but she was determined.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Yes, Ben can do it now.  My brother actually taught him about 2 months ago. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Allie will be 3 in Aug.  She has been doing thumbs up since Christmas.(aprox 28/29 months)  It took lots of practice on her part.  Her chubby fingers kept her from making the fist tight enough to put her thumb up. He will get it. Just let him keep working on it.

• yes, she started doing it a few weeks ago and I don't even know how she learned it
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • That was actually something they tested DD for at her 2 yr appt. She couldn't do it then, but she learned shortly thereafter.
  • they both can. but it took aidan longer than sawyer for sure. aidan was prob at/after 2.
    aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• Yes, he just started. I don't know if he couldn't do it before, or just didn't have the inclination.
  • DS just turned 2 y/o and can. He does it a la Fonzi, sound effects included :)
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • Yup, dd can, usually with "Good job Mommy!" added to it. She's been doing it for a long time, though I'm not sure where she picked it up. She does still struggle showing two fingers when asked how old she is.
  • I just tried it with her.. DD sticks her pointer finger out along w/ her thumbs up. LOL. I keep trying to fold it in, but as soon as I let go, it pops back out ;)
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • yes, his school taught him, because they do a night night song called 2 thumbs up.  he LOVES it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"