St. Louis Babies

St. Anthony's or Missouri Baptist?

So, My OB delivers at both St. Anthony's and Missouri Baptist. He is partial to St. Anthony's and the pediatrician he recommended and my DH and I are going to go with is also with St. Anthony's. I have heard that both are good hospitals, but that St. Anthony's has had issues with Staff infections? Is this true? My first pick was Missouri Baptist, but now I'm not sure. Any suggestions or advice from personal experience? Anything would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Re: St. Anthony's or Missouri Baptist?

• I would recommend Mo Bap. I have never delivered there but my SIL had my 3 nephews there. It was a wonderful experience for her and everyone was so great!

I've never known anyone that delivered at St. Anthony's but I do know they do have a history of high rates of Staph Infections.

Tour both facilities and see which one is more comfortable to you.

• I would say that, in general, Mo Bap is regarded as a "better" hospital than St. Anthony's.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would def. hands down recommend MO Bap.  My OB delivers at either St Anthonys or St Johns and I am going with St Johns.  I've heard horror stories with St Anthony's with some of my friend's family members. My sister in laws Grandpa went in for a routine colonoscopy and died!  Obv there may have been some health complications but colonoscopies are rather safe. 
  • I would deliver at MoBap over St. Anthony's hands down.

I had my son at MoBap and it was amazing.  My OB nurse was Michelle C. and she was absolutely amazing during the entire delivery....so request her if she is on staff.  The food was so good and you got to order off a menu (as much as you want) and it's very clean.  I was put in one of the largest PP rooms so my entire family all had room to sit and visit.  All the nurses and lactation consultants are great too :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"