South Florida Babies

So disappointed with maternity clothes this season

Oh goodness.  So i'm extremely bored and was looking for maternity clothes, mostly amazing deals.  Well, it appears it is all fugly!  My SIL has the cutest stuff, and I can't find anything remotely as cute as hers.  I know hers are from previous seasons, but I can't go back in time to buy clothes.  Do I have to look like an ugly HUGE pregnant woman this summer?!

And another problem I have is that I'm extremely cheap; I always buy on sale, so maybe when summer line comes out, I may find cuter items, but I may not buy them b/c I'm so stingy!  haha

So, I looked on ON, Gap, JCPenny, Destination, Motherhood, Pea in Pod, Kohls, AnnTaylor Loft .  Anywhere else I missed?

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: So disappointed with maternity clothes this season

• You're a better planner than I am! I think it's mainly due to the fact that I don't need them quite yet, but I haven't spent much time at all considering maternity clothes. I figure I don't need much since I work from home and can wear yoga pants to my heart's desire on those days. ;) You hit on all the stores I plan on looking, so I don't have any other ideas.
  • Oh how I wish I could wear yoga pants all day!  : )
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I am a bigger girl to start with and I am HUGE right now but other than jeans I buy regular clothes just a bit bigger...ok I am lying. I have to start buying maternity tank tops because my belly is expanding forward and the regular ones are not long enough. All my dresses and shirts other than that are non-maternity.
  • imageVandRicky:
    I am a bigger girl to start with and I am HUGE right now but other than jeans I buy regular clothes just a bit bigger...ok I am lying. I have to start buying maternity tank tops because my belly is expanding forward and the regular ones are not long enough. All my dresses and shirts other than that are non-maternity.

Well, since I've been doing treatments for so long, I've had a lot of bloat, so when I would buy new clothes it was always all flowy, babydoll type clothes.  So, I have a lot of tops that will get me through I would guess the first tri.  However, my jeans no longer fit.  For now, all my work pants still fit.  I got a tummy sleeve which should prob also get me through the first tri, I think!

When the time does come, I'll look into just buying one size up... thanks!

-- Jackie
  • Goodwill, Sears has maternity too, I think.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • JCPenney had some cute stuff when I was pregnant. Otherwise I got it all from Motherhood. I'm also really cheap when it comes to stuff that I know I won't get a lot of use out of!
  • Jackie, I have found awesome deals at Target and Gap. Their sales are phenomenal! I got two pair of jeans at Target for 6 bucks each, my tops and stuff that are maternity Igot for $8 or less at Gap. You just have to be on the lookout for sales.
  • Good to know!  Did you find them at the Gap store, or online?  The only Gap store that offers maternity is a little far, but not terribly.  Need to start hitting it up. 
    -- Jackie
  • the in-store sales are defiantely the best. I live across the street from one and drive by all the time to see if there are sale signs-lol. I will let you know next time there is a sale. The best sales are usually when it's take an extra 25% of already reduced items. A month or so ago, Gap had 40% off the entire store, sales included. I got awesome stuff!
  • I think I looked super cute when I was pregnant (at least lots of people said I did!) I barely bought any official maternity stuff. Most of my tops were cute trendy cheap tops from f21 that I paired with secret fit belly jeans, pants, capris & shorts. I found regular clothes in bigger sizes was much cuter then the official maternity stuff. Happy shopping!!!
  • I got stuff from Target and Ann Taylor Loft, and I got some handmedowns. I also sometimes went with larger regular tops with maternity pants.  I wore pretty much the same few pairs of black maternity pants the whole pregnancy (starting from when I needed maternity pants).  The first pg I got them at Target and they lasted for that pg but were not good the second time around, so I got a second set of black pants at Ann Taylor Loft and wore those throughout my second pregnancy.

I just found out that one of my friends has her own line of retro maternity clothes---www.pinupmama.com.  I really like the blue 3/4 sleeve top and would have loved that while pregnant, not to mention the black pencil skirt.  Maybe if we have another one!

Tania

• I actually didn't wear much maternity clothing and I was huge last summer! I wore a lot of regular maxi dresses in bigger sizes, yoga pants and maternity tanks, maternity jeans and regular flowy shirts . That was pretty much mt entire wardrobe last year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMariM:
    I barely bought any official maternity stuff. Most of my tops were cute trendy cheap tops from f21 that I paired with secret fit belly jeans, pants, capris & shorts. I found regular clothes in bigger sizes was much cuter then the official maternity stuff. Happy shopping!!!

ditto this.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Try forever 21!

I bought a bunch of stuff two sizes bigger and it worked well! (long dresses, cute summer dresses, t-shirts, etc).

Believe me...I was pregnant all summer too and it's going to come down to comfort once you start getting big! hehe

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Have you tried looking at ebay?  There are often maternity clothes new with tags listed.  They would probably be previous season's clothing.  LOL

Just make sure you ask about it coming from a nonsmoking home etc.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I thought Target had some really cute stuff when I was there today! GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I found lots of stuff at Old Navy, and my baby shower dress was from Ebay Smile
    ~~Givette~~ Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"