South Florida Babies

NBR - Recommend good movie

Hey ladies.  Okay, so day 3 of bedrest is starting to get a bit boring.  Not too much to watch on TV.  Any good movies out that you can recommend?  I may ask DH to visit the local Redbox for a movie or two to get me through the week.

At least tom afternoon I have my first OB appt, so I only have to worry about entertaining myself in the morning, and all Friday.  : )

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: NBR - Recommend good movie

• Rent "Death at a funeral" its a British movie and its super funny. They actually remade it with American actors (like Chris Rock, Zoe Saldana, Martin Lawrence, among others) and its either showing in movie theaters or not out yet. Also, I saw a movie on TV yesterday called "My best friiend's girl" (with Dane Cook, Jason Biggs and Kate Hudson) and it was hilarious!

Oh, if you haven't seen "The Hangover" you should definitely rent it because its hilarios!. Oh, and if you want a more serious move rent "the blindside" (I'm not sure if its out yet)

I hope all is well with your twins. I was actually thinking about you this morning. Keep us posted! 

• Oh, I didn't know My Best Friend's Girl was out!  I remember wanting to see it when in theaters.  Oh, and The Hangover was hysterical!  We saw it in theaters.

I really want to see Blind Side, but so does DH, so maybe we'll save that one for the weekend.  Thanks for the recs.

Hopefully my butterballs are doing great.  We are going to the OB tomorrow and then again to RE on Friday.  For sure on Friday we'll see them; not sure about tom.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I loved the hangover and blindside also! I want to see Precious but I can't tell you if it is good or not :) I hated couples retreat so steer away from that. up in the air is out and I also want to see that. did you see the secret life of bees? i loved that and it is on HBO. if you have not seen True Blood you can rent the series and become addicted :)
  • imageGator09:
    I loved the hangover and blindside also! I want to see Precious but I can't tell you if it is good or not :) I hated couples retreat so steer away from that. up in the air is out and I also want to see that. did you see the secret life of bees? i loved that and it is on HBO. if you have not seen True Blood you can rent the series and become addicted :)

The secret life of bees WAS good!

Beth- precious was good but a bit depressing.

If I had the time now, I would do what Beth suggested get hooked on a series!

• imagekarukaru:

Rent "Death at a funeral" its a British movie and its super funny. They actually remade it with American actors (like Chris Rock, Zoe Saldana, Martin Lawrence, among others) and its either showing in movie theaters or not out yet. Also, I saw a movie on TV yesterday called "My best friiend's girl" (with Dane Cook, Jason Biggs and Kate Hudson) and it was hilarious!

Oh, if you haven't seen "The Hangover" you should definitely rent it because its hilarios!. Oh, and if you want a more serious move rent "the blindside" (I'm not sure if its out yet)

I hope all is well with your twins. I was actually thinking about you this morning. Keep us posted! 

AGREED!!!  And this american version?  Bullsh!t.  It's freaking WORD FOR WORD as the British version.  People are so unoriginal.  But the original is awesome!!

Invention of Lying is out, as are all the Oscar nominees- The Hurt Locker, Precious. The Blind Side, etc...

• I agree with V on this

"Precious was good but a bit depressing"

I did enjoy Tyler Perry's Why did I get married...and The Kite Runner

good luck...

do u have a netflix account? (if not I would get one since you are on bedrest and can use their movies online instantly...i.e. Julia and julia is on it and its an excellent movie....

Nicole MOM 2 MARIO & NICOLAS
  • We recently watched, and enjoyed:

Ghosts of Girlfriends Past

My Best Friend's Girl

Two semi-chick flicks that my DH really liked, too. I am sure we watched more stuff but my brain is fried and my memory is not so good at the moment. LOL. Sorry.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The Blind Side was AWESOME! I actually really also liked...ummm...Surrogates with Bruce Willis if you are into Sci-Fi. It was pretty original.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Looooved the Blind Side. Sherlock Holmes is also out on DVD and I really enjoyed that movie too!

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If you haven't seen the Time Traveler's wife, its beautiful. Sit down with a box of tissues though, it's good for a cry. Lol.
  • imageDash26:
    If you haven't seen the Time Traveler's wife, its beautiful. Sit down with a box of tissues though, it's good for a cry. Lol.

This! I was crying (read: sobbing) at the end!

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"