South Florida Babies

Sam & Clari

Hey there! I just read your res'ponses to my post below about C not napping. To answer your questions:

Sam: Carley has started to show signs of teething...everything goes in her mouth and she's constantly nomming on her fingers. I've felt her gums, but no sign of teeth. I have the head of her bed propped up thoughm so I'm not sure if that helps with the whole lying flat thing??

Clari: I'm getting the "overtired vibe" too. I mentioned her sleeping/nap schedule to her pedi yesterday, and she recommended that we start some sort of sleep training. Any suggestions??

Re: Sam & Clari

• butting in, but i used the Baby Whisperer's book for sleep training techniques. It really worked for us until 9 months when she got her first tooth, then napping as i know it was completely a thing of the past :-(
  • What I do is I have specific time that I put him on naps. For example, if he wakes up at 7am I make him go back to sleep at 9am. Next nap is at 1:00pm. He usually only takes 2 good naps, but if I see that he seems a little tired (getting cranky, etc.) I try a nap at 4pm. The morning nap is usually the shortest (40min-1hr), the afternoon one is around 1.5-2hrs. When he takes these naps he sleeps MUCH better at night.

I think you should try a morning nap 1.5-2hrs after she wakes up first, and go from there. I'm reading "Good Night, Sleep Tight" because I want Abraham to be able to put himself back to sleep in the middle of the night when he wakes up. The lady is HUGE on naps, and she mentions that there's a "sleep window". If you miss your baby's cue that she needs a nap most likely her naps will be extra short because she's too tired to stay asleep. Which is why the training helps. Email me and I'll tell you the exact times she recommends for Carley's age, it works! Claribel dot Contreras at gmail.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrs.ClariC:

What I do is I have specific time that I put him on naps. For example, if he wakes up at 7am I make him go back to sleep at 9am. Next nap is at 1:00pm. He usually only takes 2 good naps, but if I see that he seems a little tired (getting cranky, etc.) I try a nap at 4pm. The morning nap is usually the shortest (40min-1hr), the afternoon one is around 1.5-2hrs. When he takes these naps he sleeps MUCH better at night.

I think you should try a morning nap 1.5-2hrs after she wakes up first, and go from there. I'm reading "Good Night, Sleep Tight" because I want Abraham to be able to put himself back to sleep in the middle of the night when he wakes up. The lady is HUGE on naps, and she mentions that there's a "sleep window". If you miss your baby's cue that she needs a nap most likely her naps will be extra short because she's too tired to stay asleep. Which is why the training helps. Email me and I'll tell you the exact times she recommends for Carley's age, it works! Claribel dot Contreras at gmail.

YGM :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"