Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

anyone's baby head tilt to one side?

has anyone ever had their baby prefer to tilt to one side and then eventually got stronger with their head control and grown out of the preference?

Re: anyone's baby head tilt to one side?

• Options
    Yes! Our LO really prefers her right side. We asked the pedi about it at her last appt. and they checked the muscles in her neck because sometimes it can be caused by the muscles being too tight on that side causing them to be that way, and she checked out fine. She still prefers that side, but I have noticed that it has gotten a little better.
    My Blog
    DD #1 {04-19-2004}
    Secondary IF: Severe MFI (low testosterone, low count, low morph, & very low motility) & Annovulation
    After 22 months IUI # 3 Clomid + Follistim = BFP
    DD #2 {12-31-2009}
    2 more years of failed IF treatments and a failed adoption TTC #3
    TTC Journey Over~ Not By Choice
  • Options

If your baby has torticollis I highly recommend that you go see a phyiscal therapist that specializes in treating infants.  It is important to get that taken care of because it can lead to problems down the road.

DS had/has torticollis and PT has mostly resolved his problem but not before he developed a severe flat spot.  Tort can also cause facial asymmetry and jaw problems.  Don't freak out about it but you definetely need to address the problem.  Check out how bad my DS tilted and how he is now after about 2 months of weekly PT and aggressive home stretches.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hopeful1!

wait...is ur son on the blingyourband site or is he on the cranial tech calender?  i've seen him and his helmet and he was my favorite! so cute!   well my son got his helmet last week and i think (or maybe it's in my head) that i see a little bit of rounding out already.  the only thing i worry about now is his head tilt.  i've thought about PT but i don't see what they do that we can't already do at home to stretch his neck.  did they do things that were way advanced for stretching his neck?

• Options
    imagecoolmama2009:

Hopeful1!

wait...is ur son on the blingyourband site or is he on the cranial tech calender?  i've seen him and his helmet and he was my favorite! so cute!   well my son got his helmet last week and i think (or maybe it's in my head) that i see a little bit of rounding out already.  the only thing i worry about now is his head tilt.  i've thought about PT but i don't see what they do that we can't already do at home to stretch his neck.  did they do things that were way advanced for stretching his neck?

Thanks! You probably remember him from posts on this board, I decorated his helmet myself and am getting ready for DOC Band # 2 on April 23. 

I am sure you son is already improving, we saw amazing results very early on.

Yes, you can do the stretches at home once you know how to do them.  Our pedi showed us one stretch and after a few weeks of no improvement we were referred to a PT.  I was doing the stretch WRONG!  Plus, the muscle is responsible for rotating and tilting the head, we were only doing the rotating stretch.  The PT showed me a few different ways to do the stretch and techniques for getting DS to cooperate with the stretch which is critically important.  Once you are comfortable I agree that you can do the stretches at home but I felt much more comfortable after working with a PT.

Are you on the yahoo plagio board?  I highly recommend it, there are a lot of knowledgable people on there.

https://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Plagiocephaly/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"