Central Florida Babies

The Birth Place?

Hello bumpies!  I'm gearing up for TTC, and I've been reading too many books!  And thanks to these books I've started seriously considering things like midwives and home birth... crazy, I know.  Wink  My DH is pretty against home birth right now, so as a compromise we're looking at birth centers.  Do any of you lovely ladies have experience with the Birth Place in Winter Garden?  Thanks in advance!

*Edit - Thought it was in Ocoee, but I looked on their web page and it's not!

Re: The Birth Place?

• Midwives and home birth is not crazy talk - good for you for looking into it. 

I'd recommend making an appt with them to talk about their philosophy.  If you have to go the hospital route you can always hire a doula to be your advocate during the labor process.

Good luck TTC!

• I've heard the birth place is OK. The Birthing Cottage in WP is not, from what I hear.

Next baby I'm going with the same midwife whom delivered my SIL's 6 children and will be delivering her 7th.

Special Delivery Midwifery

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you both.  And thank you for the link!  I've been working on getting my husband to come around to home birth, and that site looks great!

I've also heard some not-so-stellar things about The Birthing Cottage, but I haven't found anyone yet who's delivered at The Birth Place.  Guess I'll keep trying!  :)

• The Birth Place is wonderful!! Go meet Jennie, Onidis, Amy and the rest of the team. Message me if you have specific questions :) 

• I work as a paramedic in that area, we do the 911 transport for the winter garden and ocoee fire departments and have been to the birth place on several occasions. We don't go there to often, and when we do its for something unforseen and serious. Jennie is always so nice and helpful and she always knows her stuff!  If I didn't live so far away I would be birthing there too!
  • I am using Heart 2 Heart in Sanford. I have not heard anything about The Birth Place. But I agree with the comments about the Birthing Cottage, no positive reviews from ppl I know.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"