South Florida Babies

Aetna - Right Beginnings Program

Is anyone familiar with this? Here's the brochure:  https://legacy.roosevelt.edu/hr/documents/BeginningRightMaternityProgram.pdf

From what they said, someone is assigned to you and will call you after appointments or you can call them at anytime if you have questions.  They also provide you with educational materials.  IDK why, but I feel like it's an insurance spy who's just keeping tabs on you and your medical expenses.  Maybe, that's a bit paranoid, but I'd rather rely on friends/family and my doc for advice.

What do you think?  Did your insurance offer something similar?  If so, did you enroll in the program? 

Re: Aetna - Right Beginnings Program

• Humana had something like this and it sounded nice in theory but it just annoyed me and felt like I had someone following up on me.  I asked to be withdrawn from the program.
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Cigna had this and they only ever called after I had the baby.  They signed me up for it when I first called to find otu about my maternity benefits.  It wasn't bad, they offered to send a nurse over if I had any questions and stuff.  They never once asked about how much we spent, if I had any follow up appointments or anything like that. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagerach312:
    Humana had something like this and it sounded nice in theory but it just annoyed me and felt like I had someone following up on me.  I asked to be withdrawn from the program.

That's what I picture it will be like.  If I feel I need, I'll sign up for it later.  But, for now, I think I'll be okay without it. 

• I have Aetna and I enrolled in the program the first time I was pregnant and they really don't call or bother you.  There's a number you can call if you have questions, but my OB's office does to, so I call my OB.  They send you a Mayo Clinic pregnancy book that's usually sold for about $25 and they mail you a couple letters, nothing big.  The only down side is that after my m/c they kept sending me letters until I called and told them to stop.  So, if they didn't even realize I wasn't pregnant any more, they're really not keeping that close of tabs on you.  Lol.

I enrolled again for this pregnancy, and they sent me the book again.  Maybe I'll at least make a few bucks on e-bay.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageReiszsPieces:

I enrolled again for this pregnancy, and they sent me the book again.  Maybe I'll at least make a few bucks on e-bay.  :)

lol!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"