Maryland Babies

some people need a filter!

DD is getting older and starting to thin out a little - she's off formula and just non stop motion.  I'm not overly concerned, but she was so grumpy last night she didn't even eat dinner - which is not that unusual either. 

This morning, she was super grumpy, gulped down a sippy of milk right after she got up - which is a little unusual.  As DH was taking her into daycare one of the teachers sees her and goes - oh Ella, you're getting so skinny!  Poor DH got all defensive w/ her and was like - no she's not skinny, we feed her!  I know what the woman was trying to say, but saying "oh your kid is so skinny" may not be the best way to say it.  Maybe - "you're getting so tall" or "look at you growning, etc." 

DH calls me all in a twit about it and freaking out wondering if she's getting enough food, etc., etc. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: some people need a filter!

• When they start getting really active, they don't gain as much weight but they are still growing. The months from 9-12, Ava only gained a little bit of weight but she was still in the 25th percentile. You already know all this, but maybe DH doesn't.

I feel him on being on the defensive though--I guess it's natural for us as parents to do that.

On another note--how much milk is she drinking a day? Ava hasn't been eating as much lately but will drink a ton of BM..so I don't know if it's filling her up and she's not wanting as much food? Should I cut out one of her milks a day? In the morning we usually give her milk with a snack, like some cheerios and then her breakfast a little while later which lately she hasn't been too interested in. Well this morning, I made her some pancakes and she ate them before her milk and ate pretty good.

Sorry to highjack your post!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageidonthavethis:

When they start getting really active, they don't gain as much weight but they are still growing. The months from 9-12, Ava only gained a little bit of weight but she was still in the 25th percentile. You already know all this, but maybe DH doesn't.

I feel him on being on the defensive though--I guess it's natural for us as parents to do that.

On another note--how much milk is she drinking a day? Ava hasn't been eating as much lately but will drink a ton of BM..so I don't know if it's filling her up and she's not wanting as much food? Should I cut out one of her milks a day? In the morning we usually give her milk with a snack, like some cheerios and then her breakfast a little while later which lately she hasn't been too interested in. Well this morning, I made her some pancakes and she ate them before her milk and ate pretty good.

Sorry to highjack your post!

She drinks 12-16 oz. of milk/day and another 4-6 oz in yogurt & cheese.   Ella is definitely not easting as much as she used to - I think partly she's just not as hungry and also she's teething a bit (canine teeth) so I don't think that's helping either.  In the morning, I normally give her a breakfast bar and some milk right when she wakes up (@ 6:45/7) and then she eats again at daycare around 9 - normally waffle, yogurt and 1/2 banana, but she eats less and less as the day goes on.  I think DH tries to just get her to daycare as quickly as he can and sometimes doesn't realize she's just grumpy b/c she's hungry.

Why don't you just feed her a meal before offering BM?  and see if she'll eat a little more.  Ava could be teethign too and comfort nursing.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Um, hi, hello my 2 yr old might weigh 24 lbs fully clothed w/ a diaper on, I still have her carseat rear-facing (and will until she weighs to much to have it that way, but that's for another post.) 

Calling a kid skinny or thin is never cool.  I am Ok w/ ppl calling her a string bean, peanut, etc. but I would not be happy if someone called her skinny.  Ppl are idiots. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"