Tennessee Babies
Options

TTC after BC, prescribed Progesterone

Has anyone else done this? If i understand it right it should cause me to have withdrawal bleeding which will in turn cause me to begin my regular cycle. I have been off BC since the day after Christmas and had my typical "cycle" during my placebo week, but nothing since. I was on the pill for 9 years, 8 of which were continuous. I am just looking for advice, I guess, on what to expect and if it really works to jump start your repro system. thanks!

Re: TTC after BC, prescribed Progesterone

• Options
    Never worked for me:( Tried Prometrium during 2nd half of cycle as well as natural progesterone.  My bc was actually masking the fact that I had PCOS...since I had regular 'periods' while on bc but none after I got off the bc.  I had my hormones checked at my OB/GYN and they referred me to a reproductive endocrinologist.  GL.....hopefully it works for you!
  • Options
    oh no! i hope that's not it. when i googled it and it said "excess weight around the waist, acne, and facial hair" it made me nervous. i have all of those things. ::sigh:: i guess time will tell. i saw you were having twins. Congrats!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I actually had the exact opposite probelm --- I went off the pill and started bleeding every 2 weeks... for 2 weeks, it was horrible!

I guess it's fairly common, especially if you have been on BC for an extended peroid of time, to have problems at first. My doc put me 10 days of estrogen to try to regulate me -- when that didn't work, I went back on BC for 3 months... ever since I got off, I'm 100% 27 day regular. Sounds odd and I was VERY resistant to trying it, but it worked... so now we are off the BC and TTC.

The doctor may have to try a few things,but there's usually a solution. Be patient and don't be afarid to see another doctor if you are in doubt. Good Luck!

• Options
    thanks for the advice! i'm hopeful about the progesterone. the thought of PCOS makes me nervous.
  • Options
    That was just my situation.  I don't want you to feel nervous. I really do hope it works for you!
  • Options
    It worked for me.  I think I had to do that twice..... each time about 10 days after I finished the pills AF came.  GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"