St. Louis Babies

Prenatal Swimming Classes????

Are there prenatal swimming classes available in Saint Louis? If so, where?

Re: Prenatal Swimming Classes????

•  I know that my sister-in-law took one at the YMCA. Since there isn't one close to my house, I'll be looking for one elsewhere.
     It seems like many towns now have the aquatic centers, so hopefully these complexes offer that, too. (Maryland Heights, Ballwin, Shrewsbury to name a few)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • the aquaport (in maryland heights) is offering a summer water aerobics class. it's not designated as prenatal but i think most if not all water aerobic classes are suitable for pregnant women. i know the y's offer them as well.

hth

rochelle

• Loading the player...
  • oh, it's not water aerobics, but maryland heights also offers a birth dancing class. here's some info i got from their site.

it's a five-week class with three sessions and the cost is $70 for residents and $80 for non residents.

Birth can be like a marathon and Dancing for Birth prenatal/postpartum belly dance classes prepare you for the challenge. You'll become stronger, more agile, more at ease with your pregnant body and both mentally and physically be ready to embrace your unique birth experience. You'll learn moves inspired by belly dance, african dance, ballet, latin dance and interpretive movement. It's a feel-good workout that challenges yet relaxes you. No experience necessary! At the same time you'll be learning valuable childbirth preparation skills and natural pain coping techniques that will build your confidence in your own birthing ability. Did you know there is an optimal position for your baby to be in when labor begins, and you can help assure that position? Dancing for Birth participants report experiencing low levels of discomfort, few or no interventions, brief labors and high levels of satisfaction during their births. Do you have a newborn? You'll regain your pre-pregnancy shape and tone more quickly when you attend these classes. Optionally, bring a sling or carrier and wear your baby while you dance!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"