Attachment Parenting

amazing invention/ funny conversation

So I was just at the fabric store and this woman walks up to me and starts talking- the usual conversation (her: twins?---me: duh, woman---her: blah, blah, blah...)

anyway...she tells me she's buying fabric for this thing she invented for her daughter and shows me this atrocity she has created.  It's a bottle propper that's basically a little pillow that goes around the childs neck like a bib and has a strap attached to it for a bottle.  So the kid can't see, can't get the thing out of their face no matter what and has a pillow strapped to their neck...ummmkaaaay....I really wish I could show you a picture.

She asks if I sew and says I should make one. (apparently I do not look horrified enough) I tell her that my kids don't take bottles.  She says "at all?".  AT ALL.  that's what I said, inventor lady.  So she asks "what do you do in the car?" What the heck do you mean?  I drive in the car.  "When they scream in the car"  They don't.  And I certainly wouldn't strap a pillow to their face if they did.

anywho...that's my story for today.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: amazing invention/ funny conversation

• Indifferent holy hell! Fabric Store lady is BSC!

I LOL'd at all your Italic parts :)

• I'm laughing SO hard at this.  I should probably be crying for that poor baby, though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Can't wait to see the nest/bump post that says "My BSC MIL made this ridiculous bottle holder..."

I'm dying to know if the daughter thinks she's as crazy as we do. Too funny!

• image7river7wed7:

Can't wait to see the nest/bump post that says "My BSC MIL made this ridiculous bottle holder..."

Yes, exactly!  :)

• image7river7wed7:

Can't wait to see the nest/bump post that says "My BSC MIL made this ridiculous bottle holder..."

oh PLEASE let this happen!!!!

• imageErinMSB:
    image7river7wed7:

Yes, exactly!  :)

I hope there's a picture.  It looked like a frog (as if that makes it any less awful)

• WTH does she mean, "what do you do in the car?"  Even bottle fed babies shouldn't be fed in a moving vehicle whether they scream or not.  I hope her DIL is a nestie and posts about this ridiculous invention.  That would make my day . . . *skips off to search for post about crazy inventor MIL*
  • I am having a bad day, but you made me laugh! Thanks. Not about the story, but your conversation recap. 

We were at the zoo once and it must have been her, because a whole family with a newborn was sitting next to us and the baby had the bottle propped up in his face also. My husband takes one look at me and knew what I was thinking... :(

• that's one way to stop crying... strapping a pillow to their face. Huh?

• Your recap of the convo made me LOL.  Out of curiosity I googled . . . was it anything like this?

via https://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29292952

Yikes!

• sort of, except it was way worse, fitted, like a regular bib.  Literally...Pillow.In.Face.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"