Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Avent bottle warmer vs. First years quick serve bottle warmer

I have an avent bottle warmer, which works fine but you have to guess when the bottle is warm and there have been times I have made the bottle hot following the directions so now I start checking at around three minutes.  I was over my friends and she had the first years one with a light that goes out when it is done the only thing I did not like is that is uses steam and the outside of the bottle felt really hot.  We are going to buy another warmer for the summer when we go to our family house and I was wondering from those who have experience both which do you like better or is there another brand you like even better. 

TIA.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Avent bottle warmer vs. First years quick serve bottle warmer

• Options
    I have the first years warmer and I don't love it.  It's fine but the steam does make the outside of the bottle hot and hot water sometimes drips from the bottom of our playtex ventaire bottles.  The light is nice though.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options

imagekelbel527:
    I have the first years warmer and I don't love it.  It's fine but the steam does make the outside of the bottle hot and hot water sometimes drips from the bottom of our playtex ventaire bottles.  The light is nice though.

I agree.  :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I DO NOT recommend the first years bottle warmers! I use Born Free Glass bottles and it caused one to explode.  If you planned on using it for the baby food...it could be a huge hazard. I currently have a case complaint open with the company.  It was dangerous! Just my experience...
  • Options

I have the First Years warmer and I like it.  It doesn't work well with Adiri bottles and causes the milk to leak out the vents.  It can be tricky at first to figure out how long to warm the bottle but other than that it's been a good purchase.

My mom has the Avent bottle warmer and I don't like how you have to warm a lot of water, I'm a fan of the steam idea with the First Years brand.

• Options

imagelilwimbly:
    I DO NOT recommend the first years bottle warmers! I use Born Free Glass bottles and it caused one to explode.  If you planned on using it for the baby food...it could be a huge hazard. I currently have a case complaint open with the company.  It was dangerous! Just my experience...

The First Years instructions say not to use glass bottles for this reason.

• Options
    thanks for the information
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The one I have specifically says ok for glass bottles and baby food jars. I'm not sure if it was 'quick serve'...I must have a different kind! I read those directions front to back and followed them to the letter before I tried it because I knew this could happen. I figure I might as well spread the word because I was very disappointed! Glad you had a better experience.
  • Options
    We use the first years warmer and it works just fine for us. The key is using the right amount of water for the steam. We've never had an issue with any part of the bottle being too hot.
  • Options
    We have the first years warmer and I like it. We've used it with dr. brown bottles and avent and never had an issue. The bottles are a bit hot when the light  goes out, but that goes away shortly (or just have a towel handy). No biggie.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"