Success after IF

feeding baby ground turkey?

just wondering, if you break it up really good when you're browning/cooking it, do you still need to run it through the food processor or do anything else to it? I am sure I've screwed up the food thing but my LOs (8 months) have had a number of fruit & veggie purees but no protein or dairy yet but I"m moving onto some more table-like food, bits of pancake/waffle/bread, small pieces of cut up cooked fruit/veggies, puffs, cheerios.... I want to start incorporating proteins & will try eggs but I have some ground turkey and wanted to cook it & freeze, I'm just not sure if I need to do anything to it after cooking. My thought was that I could mix the crumbles w/a  veggie like potato, carrot, etc but I'm a total chicken w/ food & am always nervous they'll choke.

Thanks! 

Re: feeding baby ground turkey?

• I would make ground turkey and ground beef for DS as a finger food and he loved it. I would also put it into tortillas and cheese and use scissors to cut it up for finger foods. Or add beans. I think it was more like 9 months but DS ate things like that right up!!! I don't know about freezing it as I normally make it and serve right then.
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I give DD ground beef like this... I also break up baked chicken into small pieces and she does really well with that. I introduced meat at 8 months old... I was terrified of choking (still am sometimes), but so far she's doing really well with table food. I don't puree anything for her anymore, other than some fruit to mix in with her oatmeal and yogurt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, and I cook ground beef and chicken for DD and then freeze it in small portions in ziploc baggies... it seems to work out ok.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wouldn't reground it.

Either just give baby some crumbles, or try a mini meatball shape they can gnaw on.

DD loved ground turkey at that age!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"