Eco-Friendly Family

Can allergies act like a cold?

I wake up to a raging headache the past three days.  I've been coughing non-stop as well.  But I started out with a sore throat over the weekend which is what led me to believe that it's a cold.  Well yesterday afternoon and now today my eyes are itching so badly that I keep rubbing them until they hurt terribly.  But, I can't help it because they itch so badly.  I have no idea if I have a nasty cold right which I think I do and then allergies on top of that.  Either way I don't feel all that hot.

Re: Can allergies act like a cold?

• Yes.  In fact, that's the way my allergies present themselves.  It's from the post nasal drip running down my throat.  I get something called "cobblestoning" from the irritation, which leads to sore throats and coughs.  When it's really bad, I get fevers on top of everything.
  • I'm sorry you're feeling so crummy!

What you described sounds exactly like what happens to me when grass pollen starts, and when ragweed is in season, so I think it could easily be allergies. I hope it goes away quickly!

Mother's Day, 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry you feel so bad...I know exactly what you're talking about though, esp. the headache.  When I finally saw an allergist I said that I woke up feeling like I had a hangover, almost every single day.  It was like that for a few years, off and on and then it started happening a lot more often...now I take prescription meds and get allergy shots, but life is soooo good.  I hope it's just mild seasonal stuff!!
  • Ugh! This sucks. Ok, October can't get here fast enough. As long as I stay south I'm a happy camper allergy wise.
  • imageSapphyrEyes:
    Ugh! This sucks. Ok, October can't get here fast enough. As long as I stay south I'm a happy camper allergy wise.

Can you get your hands on some local raw honey? It's both tasty and helpful :)

Mother's Day, 2011
  • I'll have to check the orchards nearby and see if they sell any.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"