South Jersey Babies
Options

Working Moms Playgroup, Camden County?

Hey everyone,

I am a 29-year-old new mom to a 4.5 month old baby girl. None of my friends have babies, so I would love to get together with other moms in the Camden County area. Most of the groups I have seen have most of their activities during the day, which is not feasible for me since I work full time.

Anyone know of a working moms group or interested in joining one?

Re: Working Moms Playgroup, Camden County?

• Options

Hi,

I am very interested in a group for working moms. I have also found the same trend with the existing groups-daytime only or for older/preschool age kids. I would love to join or help you put one together. My baby won't be here until the summer though.

Hopefully we can find a good group through this Board-any others out there?  

• Options
    I'd be interested in this as well if there is one!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for responding, ladies! Where do you both live? Maybe we can meet for coffee or something to discuss. I am in Voorhees area. Pretty much any night during the week works for me, Wednesdays are especially good.
  • Options
    I'm in Berlin Boro, right near Voorhees, so any day of the week would be fine for me too!
  • Options

Hi,

I am in Audubon but Voorhees isn't far. Most Wednesday evenings are great for me too. Just let me know when and where- 

• Options
    How about next Wednesday, 4/21? Is 8 p.m. too late? We could meet at CoffeeWorks in the Ritz Center--or does anyone have any other suggestions?
  • Options
    That would be fine with me!
  • Options
    Wow-sounds like a plan! I am assuming this is the coffee place right in the shopping center by the Ritz theater? Looking forward to meeting you both!
  • Options

Hi ladies!  I just found this group a cople of days ago but had to wait to post!

I am a working mom of a 2 YO and just found out I am expecting #2!  I have searched pretty much for the last 2 years for activites my LO and I can get involved in but everything is during the day!!  I am not technically in Camden County, just over the boarder in Gloucester County but you will give me a pass right?!  Would love to join you all if you are able to work out some play dates, etc!!

• Options
    Sounds great! I will see you all then.
  • Options
    Looks like I'm a little late on this one, but anyone mind if I join you tonight?  I live in Cherry Hill, but right down the street from where you're meeting.  I have a 2 1/2 y.o. and another girl due in August, and I'd LOVE to find a playgroup for them that meets evenings and weekends!
  • Options
    Sounds great CoolMoD!  I guess we can just look for a group of a few pregnant ladies? I am 29, have short-ish curly hair and will most likely have my baby daughter with me. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
  • Options
    Girls, I'm so upset but I can't make it!  I've come down with a vicious cold and I am stuck in bed.  This blows.  Can we schedule a second meeting for me to meet all of you???  
  • Options

Good morning girls,

Danielle and I were the only two at the coffee shop last night.  Should we try again next Wednesday, same time and place?  (Danielle, I promise I'll be on time this time!)

• Options
    can I come too?  I've tried two working mom friendly groups and one wasn't so working mom friendly and the other had a shots and tots night twice a month where you would slam back shots together while your children played and then get in the car and drive them home, needless to say I didn't last long.  I am technically in Atlantic County but one on the CC side in Hammonton.  Oh and I have an almost 4 year old son and 10 month old boy/girl twins.  Oh and I've met Monique and she can vouch that I'm not crazy....I think Stick out tongue
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I will do my best to be there on Wed. night!
  • Options

Hello to all! Anyone is certainly welcome to join the group-I laughed out loud at Panda's story about the "shots and tots" group-that is certainly not my idea of a playgroup and scary to think that those drivers are out on the road! I was thinking tummy time/playground/Camden aqurium, etc. but I am sure others have great ideas too. 

We should try for another nite to all get together. (It was great to meet Monique the other nite :)) How about we try for Wednesday again? That seemed to fit most people's schedules. I would be up for either May 12th or 19th. Any takers for these dates? The Coffe Works was a great spot-very quiet and laid back if we wanted to go there again.

• Options

Ha ha, I can certainly vouch for Panda's sanity -- if anything, she's one of the more level-headed moms I've met in a while.  Shots and tots?  And there were seriously enough of them who thought this was a good idea to do this on a regular basis?  Oy, scary!

Either of the May dates Danielle mentioned are good for me.

• Options
    The May dates are good (if not better) for me.
  • Options
    Thanks Mo....both May dates are good for me.  This week actually doesn't work since I have a funeral/viewing on Wednesday night and Thursday morning.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hey ladies!  I am jumping back in!!!  WOuld love to meet up with you all.  Both of those Wed May dates work for me.  Though I may need to bring my little guy along, my DH works nights. 

Looking forward to meeting you all!!

• Options
    Dani06Dani06 member

Oh, this is great that all of our schedules are free on those dates! How about the 19th then at 7:30. The Coffeeworks was a great spot so lets try there too. Can't wait to meet the rest of you!

Place: Coffeeworks

Date: 5/19

Time: 7:30 pm

See you soon!! 

• Options

I'd love to join too! I'm in the same situation as OP, I have a 2 month old and will be a "working mom" in a month.

are most people attending next week pregnant or do they have newborns? anyone bringing baby?

Working on #2!
  • Options

I'm preggo now, due in August, and have a 2 1/2 y.o.

19th sounds good!  See you all then.

• Options
    Is it too late to join up for next week?  I'm a FT working mom to an almost 1 year old boy.  I can also vouch for CoolMoD and Panda...they are totally not "shots and tots" kind of moms!  Stick out tongue
  • Options
    I think at this point, anyone can join - hope to see you all there!
    Working on #2!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"