Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Baby Gate question

We really need to find some gates for our stairs.  DD has found them and was using them to stand up last night.  The problem is the posts on the stairs are not straigt across from each other (both on the top and the bottom), so the pressure fit ones will not work.  A lot of the swing gates I see have a base or something. 

Does anyone else have this situation? What kind of gates are you using?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby Gate question

• We have a curved (I think) Safety First stair gate. It mounts to the wall, and because of the curve, DH was able to situate it so that the sides aren't straight across from one another. We have ours at the top of our stairs, but I can see it working at the bottom too.

I would never put a pressure-mounted gate at the top of the stairs. Not sure if you're looking for a top or bottom of stairs gate (or both) but if you want a top I would highly recommend the curved hardware mounted variety. 

ETA: It is a Safety First. We got ours at BRU. 

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

• hmmm, that is a good option, we will have to look into that.  We are definitly looking for a swing type gate, not a pressure one.  We wouldn't put pressure on either the top or bottom.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"