3rd Trimester
Options

Anyone used BumGenius before?

I was wondering how the velcro tabs hold up after lots of washes. It seems to me that they would get loose and frayed after a while, but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with them. I'd love to be able to use our cloth diaper stash for LO #2 whenever he/she may come along in the future.
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Anyone used BumGenius before?

• Options

This is our first LO, too, so I don't speak from experience.  However based on my research it seems the aplix tabs do wear out/fray/etc.  They sell little replacement tab kits for that reason.  We got a few of the BG OS AIOs anyway to try them out, but I also got a few snap organic OS AIOs to avoid this issue.  We have some aplix ones too so I'll be curious to see how long the velcro lasts.  EFF blog indicated if you take good care of the velcro (like picking out fuzz that gets in there, etc) it lasts longer.

On a side note I started washing/prepping diapers last night & boy do the AIOs take a LONG time in the dryer.  Several cycles.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    I haven't been doing it long enough to tell you from experience, but everything I've read said they tend to. However, the replacement kits are super cheap (a dollar for the whole thing) and they are super easy to replace if you need to.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMWoodside:

On a side note I started washing/prepping diapers last night & boy do the AIOs take a LONG time in the dryer.  Several cycles.

with AIO's it helps to hang dry over night and then throw in the dryer for a little.  

BGs--we use them part time, and you have to make sure you close the tabs before washing/drying. I also try and hang my diapers when I can.  but it happens, my friend uses hers FT and she will have to replace her velcro after a year. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

Mine only take one 70 min cycle on warm to dry.

But, I usually hang them. I only dryed them the first time to seal the PUL.

• Options
    I'm on kid #2 with mine and they still do fine. A couple are a bit frayed at the edges but still work fine.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

They seem to hold up well. When you wash them, attach the tabs to the spot inside the diap so they do not stick to other diapers. We have not had to mess with the ones we bought about 18 months ago. We did buy some used ones that needed new tabs because they were fuzzy and did not stick together. It was pretty hard to get the old tabs off. The replacement kits we got were free. 

• Options

We've been using the same BG 3.0s for 2 years.  I haven't replaced any of the velcro yet.

They don't stick to the laundry tabs very well anymore, and they're a little frayed.  But they still work.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We've been using them since DD was born, and they still work 2 years later.  We don't run them through the dryer, and it's true that some are starting to roll up a little and not stick quite as well.  The replacement kits are $1, we've replaced one and gotten the kits to do the rest, and you don't have to be all that crafty to replace them (*trust* me).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"