New York Babies

Hospital recommendations, please!!! (supposed to go to St. Vincent's)

I'm supposed to deliver at St. Vincent's, but it isn't looking like they will be open by the time I deliver. My OB is looking for input as to where her patients would like to go, so I'm researching NYC hospitals.

Where did you give birth and did you like it?  If this is your first, where are you going to deliver and why did you choose that hospital?  

TIA 

Re: Hospital recommendations, please!!! (supposed to go to St. Vincent's)

• I delivered at NYU and they took great care of us. My only complaint was the rooms are very outdated and the shower was in the  hallway. It is really hard to get a private room. The nurses were so caring and helpful.

My cousin gave birth at Birth Isreal and loved it there too!

I'm so sorry about the closing of St. Vin. very sad..hope they find some type of relocation of services...

Good luck!!

• Thanks! It looks like my OB is going to be delivering at New York Downtown Hospital at least temporarily. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered at NYU this Feb and they were amazing.  The team of labor and delivery nurses are top notch.  My son was in the nicu and they were great as well.  In my stay, there were 2 nurses that I didn't love, but that is normal.  They are also very pro breast feeding and they were extremely helpful.  Great great great experience!!!
  • I live in brooklyn but i love love love saint vincents out in staten island its called something else tho now i thik richmond memorial hosp!
  • My OB was also at St. Vincent's (*sobs*) and is at NY Downtown.  The upside there is the L&D rooms look way nicer than the ones at SVMC.  Hopefully the nursing staff will be just as amazing.

I wonder if we have the same OB...

photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageweelass24:

My OB was also at St. Vincent's (*sobs*) and is at NY Downtown.  The upside there is the L&D rooms look way nicer than the ones at SVMC.  Hopefully the nursing staff will be just as amazing.

I wonder if we have the same OB...

Sounds like we do! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"