Central Florida Babies

Anyone take prenatal classes at Winnie Palmer?

Re: Anyone take prenatal classes at Winnie Palmer?

• We did...  I love love love Winnie Palmers education center.  I think we paid for the weekend Lamaze and then you can take any of the other classes for free.  The lamaze class was more than just breathing, it explained alot about the process, which was good for my DH to hear.  The Basic infant care was good, I thought I knew a lot about babies, but is helped and DH thought it was really helpful.  The breastfeeding class was another very good class, there is a lot more to breastfeeding than I thought again, take DH.  A little more insight for after baby is born if your breastfeeding, they offer a little class after baby is born while you're still in the hospital, it's free.  Anyhow, they go over the basics, without baby with you.  Then the lactation nurse meets with you in your room with baby to ensure proper latch and gave great tips to make the whole process better to avoid painful breastfeeding.  It is crucial the first few days to help your baby get the perfect latch because that is when they form the habit...  THEN, after all of that, the education center has Mommy baby TEA for babies 1-8 weeks old.  They meet 3 times a week I think, you can go as much or as little as you want.  I loved it, everyone is there going through the same thing, and the staff is full of wonderful advice.  You sit, drink Tea, eat goodies and discuss any issues you or baby may be having, plus it's nice to get out to a safe environment in those first few weeks... I still get together with mommies from TEA.  Lastly, after the 8 weeks, they offer a mom & me for $40.  Once a week they have a guest speaker, I think it was 9 classes and well worth it.  Sorry I wrote so much, but Winnie Palmer has a lot to offer, but if your not one to read all the pamphlets or look online, some you may never know about!!!  Good luck...
  • thanks for your feedback!

I've registered for basic infant care, prenatal breastfeeding and the parents class

Have to decide on the child birth class (weekly or weekend).  

• Loading the player...
  • I took the weekend class and the breastfeeding class. I thought both were helpful. It helped to have taken the hospital tour prior to taking the childbirthing class b/c I could picture locations when she was explaining some logistics.
  • jen3jen3 member
    We took the infant care class and the lamaze class.  They were both great.  I loved everyone we encountered who works there. 
  • I have to agree.  All the classes we took were really helpful (Weekend Lamaze, Basic Infant Care and Breastfeeding).  DH went to all of them with me and I'm really glad he did.  I would recommend the weekend lamaze for DH's sake, just because I'm not sure he would have been as into it if he had to go for that many weeks in a row.  He was pretty over labor descriptions by the time we left Sunday night!

I'm glad to hear the Mother Baby TEA is helpful.  My LO is 6 weeks old and I haven't been yet but was thinking about going.  I think I will based on the recommendations here, so thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"