Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Rash HELP please!! PsIP

He has eczema which has flared up in the past week or so. Nothing I do will tame it - all the regular stuff plus some prescription strength stuff the pedi prescribed. In addition to that he has had this rash at the bottom of his chin the past couple days. It wont go away. It seems super itchy - he is constantly itching it. We have a pedi appointment tomorrow, but I thought I'd see if anyone has any ideas on some relief for him.

Re: Rash HELP please!! PsIP

• Options

probably impetigo.

try some OTC mupirocin ointment.

BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh poor little guy!  I hope he gets some relief!  Sorry I have no advice, just sending a virtual hug to both of you!
  • Options

Oh man! Poor Monk! :( I have no suggestions, but poor little guy.

Has he had any new foods lately?

• Options
    imagekatiekate1974:

Has he had any new foods lately?

No.  At first I thought it was contact dermatitis from dairy - but it wont go away.

• Options
    I know a kid who has something similar and it's from food allergies (mainly dairy)-gl!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageCalifragilistic1:
    I know a kid who has something similar and it's from food allergies (mainly dairy)-gl!

Boo. I think that is what it is :(

• Options

That is what DS's Baby acne looked like.  We put A&D ointment on it and washed his face with neutragena soap.  The A&D REALLY helped- I still use it when he gets rashes.  The only other thing I can think of is Bactroban Oinment/cream-

Hope your LO feels better soon :-(

• Options

I'm a pedi derm PA...to me it looks like eczema with a little yeast (mainly due to drooling). What Rx stuff are you using? I would mix a steroid with an antifungal cream...if you don't have, you can try OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream mixed with Lotrimin (clotrimazole) cream 2x day. What emollient are you using? I like Aquaphor or CeraVe cream for the face. No baby wipes on teh face and use a gentle/mild soap like CeraVe or Cetaphil soap.

Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Could the worse part on his chin be a yeast infection? DD gets that when she is excessively drooling from teething. We put Lotramin on it, (OTC).
    Charlotte Elizabeth - March 15, 2009
    Natalie Kate - October 4, 2011
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 9w, July 2012
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 10w, September 2013
    BFP May 28, EDD February 4, 2015
  • Options
    imageg8orell:

I'm a pedi derm PA...to me it looks like eczema with a little yeast (mainly due to drooling). What Rx stuff are you using? I would mix a steroid with an antifungal cream...if you don't have, you can try OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream mixed with Lotrimin (clotrimazole) cream 2x day. What emollient are you using? I like Aquaphor or CeraVe cream for the face. No baby wipes on teh face and use a gentle/mild soap like CeraVe or Cetaphil soap.

I was hoping you would be around! We have desinide (sp?) which used to help but now isn't doing anything. I will try the hydrocortisone and lotrimin. I use aquaphor on the face.

• Options
    imagekit443:
    imageg8orell:

I was hoping you would be around! We have desinide (sp?) which used to help but now isn't doing anything. I will try the hydrocortisone and lotrimin. I use aquaphor on the face.

LOL...so I guess I didn't need the whole "i'm a pedi derm PA"...I just forget who knows and don't want people to think "why is she giving me this advice"...Anyway, Desonide is okay...it's stronger than OTC hydrocortisone. I usually start with Desonide, and find that it stops working, so I switch to Aclovate (generic - alclometasone). I would mix it with Lotrimin...it does look yeasty to me, and it seems like he's drooling a lot!

Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageg8orell:
    imagekit443:
    imageg8orell:

LOL...so I guess I didn't need the whole "i'm a pedi derm PA"...I just forget who knows and don't want people to think "why is she giving me this advice"...Anyway, Desonide is okay...it's stronger than OTC hydrocortisone. I usually start with Desonide, and find that it stops working, so I switch to Aclovate (generic - alclometasone). I would mix it with Lotrimin...it does look yeasty to me, and it seems like he's drooling a lot!

He is the king of drool.

Thank you so much for the advice!

• Options
    imagekit443:
    imageg8orell:
    imagekit443:
    imageg8orell:

He is the king of drool.

Thank you so much for the advice!

No problem! I'm sure that's what it is. And oops - read the part about the Desonide not working. I just Desonide and started writing. I'm not a huge fan of it. Plus, you eventually develop a tolerance to steroid creams, so I like to change them every 3-6 months. Add the Lotrimin (or have your Pedi call in Ertaczo or Oxistat - they are my 2 favorite antifungal creams)...if that doesn't help, have your pedi call in Aclovate. It's still a low potency steroid, but I think works much better.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"